Manually Logging Exercise Logged In FitBit In MFP

Options
I use MyFitnessPal for tracking food and steps and I use Fitbit Charge 2 for tracking exercise. Since step data from Fitbit automatically syncs with MFP, why doesn't the exercise activities also link? Should they be manually entered in MFP or should I just leave it at logging steps?

Replies

• PolarBearBob
    PolarBearBob Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post this, but there has to be some type of app or program that I can accurately record my weight training and apply it to fitness pal.

Fitness Pal is a very popular program, has management given up on the idea of some type of crossover for this. I mean we now have weight scales that interface with FP.

I don't get it, and I'd really would like something to fill this need.
    Thanks,
    PolarBearBob
  • thesweetpea59
    thesweetpea59 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    While in your diary where you can log your food, if you scroll down the page and click on "Exercise", you can manually log your workout. Does this help?
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,272 Member
    Options
    You should be aware that even if your Fitbit is fully linked to MFP, you will never see your Fitbit exercise in your MFP diary. However, even without the exercise showing in your diary, MFP is receiving your calorie burns from that exercise.
    Adding exercise manually to MFP that is already in your Fitbit account is likely to do strange things to the synchronisation between the two accounts.
  • age_is_just_a_number
    Options
    There is a similar question in the tech support discussion group that provides details regarding ongoing MFP and FitBit integrations issues.
    Lietchi wrote: »