Workout Routine - Want Opinions

Options
I am trying to put together a workout routine. I have a Gold's Gym Home Gym and a set of resistance cables. Below is a picture of the list of exercises I have come up with. Should I add/replace/take out any. Please don't pay attention the sets/reps that I have written in. If you have sets/reps recommendations, that would be great, too.

Right now I am just trying to get into the habit of moving my body. Trying to lose weigh by CICO. I would like to have a more tone look when I shed the flab.
uy5d9up5dxqz.jpg

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    Hi there, brandi_84 -

I see that it's been a couple of days, but you haven't gotten a response yet. You might want to consider posting it in the Weight Gaining and Body Building part of the Community (or using the Flag/Report tag on your own post to ask the moderators to move it there). That area is where most of the serious strength trainers/weight lifters read/post most frequently, and I've seen some responsiveness there to similar posts in the past.

I wish I could help you myself, but I'm sorry to say this isn't really in my area of expertise. I strength train very little - to my detriment, I admit - and very idiosyncratically when I do.

Best wishes!
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options

Thanks, AnnPT77. I have posted in the body building category. l enjoy strength training and I feel as though I have good plan for arms but have started skipping legs because I don't feel confident in my plan.
  • Mattpelaw
    Mattpelaw Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am sure that there are different preferences, but I would go to a push/pull variation. Chest, triceps and shoulders on one day and Back and biceps on a different day, with legs on the third day. I do a four day plan (chest and triceps / back and biceps / shoulders and core / legs). Exercises look good though.
  • mom2kateRH
    mom2kateRH Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Check out fitness blender--it's a husband/wife couple, it's free, and they have a TON of work out videos, that incorporate strength training/cardio. For a small fee (~9-$15) you can buy a program in which they plan out classes for you. I really like them a lot.