Trying to control my diabetes

Options
Hi everyone. My name is Renee and let me start by telling you how i got in this deplorable state.i am a 52 yr old veteran with PTSD. I have comfort eat and ait around doing nothing for a long time. Not too long ago my doctors informed me that my A1Cs were at 11.6 and my weigjt was at an all time high of 252. I knew it was time to start getting serious about my health. I joined several classes at the VA and they suggested that I download this app. OMG this app has made my journey so much easier. I log everything that goes in my mouth and really love the blog. So far since Dec 18 i have lost 12 lbs.

Replies

• Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,817 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hi Renee! Congrats on the 12lbs lost so far. That is amazing. So happy to hear the app and our blog are making your journey easier. Wishing you the best of luck!
  • normanmitten953
    normanmitten953 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I’m a big fan of ketogenic diet for diabetics, due to the insulin sensitivity it creates and the stabilized blood sugar. Look up a few people who have some info and talk to your doctor about it. There is a lot of misinformation surrounding it, and the cognitive benefits are amazing, my fiancé has lost 80 lbs this year, I lost 50. She has pmdd and pcos, and this diet has been a God send for both of us. The cleaner you can do it the better. I hope you find what works best for you. God bless!