Back at it again... This time with a vengeance!

Options
Stabigail__Killems
Stabigail__Killems Posts: 3 Member
edited January 2022 in Introduce Yourself
I've done this a few times before but I let myself fall off track because of mental health issues. I also kept struggling with finding a happy balance of being able to see friends and not obsess over caloric intake while being out and about. I KNOW I'm finally at a place where I can kick butt at this and reach my goals. I have 100+ pounds to lose and I am determined to get there but having a support group along the way of like-minded people would be awesome. I will be doing all of my workouts at home because even though I'm vaccinated, I'm still only going out when I absolutely have to do so.

I'd be happy to have any new friends! I'm 30 years old and would prefer people who are 20s and older and people who are cool with profanity. Extra plus if you're LGBTQ+ or an ally! ❤️ I also have a FitBit so if anyone is interested in being friends on there and doing the challenges, that would be awesome as well!

Replies

• AmyLS2022
    AmyLS2022 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes, I hear you! Mental health truly takes a toll on the physical. After losing a lot of weight at the beginning of the pandemic I just didn’t have the energy this last year to battle both anxiety/depression and food issues. But it’s probably for the best I let mental health take precedent— those newer, goal weight clothes be damned. I’ll see them again eventually and in the meantime love me some forgiving stretchy pants and flowy skirts…

You’ve totally got this and will do amazing things! I’d love to be a buddy along the journey :)
  • ewunia99
    ewunia99 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I’d be happy to be friends here with you or anyone else who is in it to win it!! I’ve got at least 50 lbs to lose! I have a Fitbit too!

Ten years ago, I first joined MFP after seeing that I weighed the most that I had ever weighed…. I worked my *kitten* off and lost 27lbs back then!

A lifetime of change has passed over these last 10 years… unfortunately lots of health issues mixed in with these changes.

Stress and poor health brought back the lbs I lost and then some… I never thought I’d do MFP again but here I am!

This time I’m folding in intermittent fasting as well as the Wim Hof method. But most importantly, I’m going to focus on changing my body with a focus on self-love to influence better health.

I have a milestone birthday in a few days and I’ve decided this is the year I’m going to focus on my health & my healing because I want to live a fulfilling, healthy life!!! Here we go, 2022!!
  • capamericaag
    capamericaag Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Am.in se boat people let's do this *kitten* and smash god of knows I need a kick up the asssss to get moving