I'm Back

Options
So I was here for the first time a year ago. At 220lbs, I decided to ditch faddy diets and overly restrictive diets that never worked and just go with a simple CICO approach. The aim was to lose 2lbs a week. I did really well for the first three months, and lost 25lbs by April.

But (you guessed it) I stopped tracking and have put the weight back on again. I'm 219 this morning.

But I did it once and it worked, so I can do it again.

This time I'm going to go more gently - aiming for 1lb loss a week I think will be more sustainable for me.

So I'm aiming for 16,000 calories a week - 1750 on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, and 3000 on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. I use the National Institute of Health TDEE calculator, and that suggests I should burn about 21,000 calories a week. So Consuming 16,000 should allow for 1lb loss with a bit of room for error.

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    It sounds like a good plan. What kind of activities do you like to do?
  • SouthWestLondon
    SouthWestLondon Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Activity is an area I need to work on. I think my aim will be to walk at least twenty-thirty minutes every day, and to run (using the Couch to 5K programme) three days a week. I'm keen to try and get some resistance training in too but that is where I am most clueless. I'm not very strong and find the whole thing a bit intimidating.

My local park has some outdoor gym equipment, including pulldowns, shoulder press etc - I think I will start by using those for 15 minutes at the end of each run and take it from there.