Lose 15# by vacation end of February.

My goal is to lose 15# by the end of February for vacation! I just started with MFP about a week ago. I'm loving it! I'm counting my calories, doing exercise everyday, and drinking a lot of water! I'm actually feeling better! I weighed myself today, I'm down 2#.

Replies

• LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    thats my goal too! I realistically know i may only lose 10, i've been on this road many times! Good luck!
  • Anewbody2021
    Anewbody2021 Posts: 22 Member
    I would like to join your goal! Mine is more mid February though because it's my birthday and I'm doing a mini trip.
  • squidgepot
    squidgepot Posts: 16 Member
    I'm with you too! I've two reasons to get stuck back in... we are heading off skiing so I need to lose the winter coat to fit into my ski gear and I also want to build up my fitness again to cope with the skiing! Best of luck everyone :smile:
  • willboywonder
    willboywonder Posts: 132 Member
    You can safely lose about 3 pounds per week. So, your goal is definitely doable. Wish you the best.
  • dachtera
    dachtera Posts: 4 Member
    Good luck! I'm shooting to lose 30lbs overall this year, and do what I can (smartly) to lose it by my families FL trip in April. I can change 5-8lbs a day depending on my salt/water retention so it's a big target to throw darts at for me. Cutting out our leftovers, and more closely watching portion control will be a game-changer.
  • tammybral79
    tammybral79 Posts: 1 Member
    What are all of you doing to hit your protein?
  • adframe
    adframe Posts: 6 Member
    I am going to join this goal too. Thank you for the discussion! My overall goal is to lose 30 pounds. I did it about 5 years ago but slowly gained it all back. Feel a lot better at 120 than I do at 150. I'm 55 years old and I just started back January 1st but I'm down 2.4 pounds. I find that I have to record EVERYTHING that crosses my lips though anymore to lose anything. I know my joints and my heart will thank me though. I'm only 5'2" and this is way too much weight for me to be carrying around. I miss those days when I could eat anything I wanted and not gain. Aww, the blessings of youth!
  • lisamack6238
    lisamack6238 Posts: 1 Member
    Good evening All,

I am eager to join the challenge to lose 15 by the end of February, 2022. My plan is to track daily in MFP and exercise at least 3 days per week and count calories. I have a goal to drop 30-35 by June 30, 2022 as I am getting married on July 1, 2022. Let's go!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    You can safely lose about 3 pounds per week. So, your goal is definitely doable. Wish you the best.
    based on what? OP gave no info about.. well.. anything. Other than a goal.
  • Ketch_22
    Ketch_22 Posts: 12,708 Member
    My goal is to lose 15# by the end of February for vacation! I just started with MFP about a week ago. I'm loving it! I'm counting my calories, doing exercise everyday, and drinking a lot of water! I'm actually feeling better! I weighed myself today, I'm down 2#.

Good luck! Wish I was going on vacation in Feb. 15# is a hefty order. I typically lose 1.5 rarely 2 per week. That's with 1250 cals and 30 min exercise daily. The more you have to lose, of course the larger the weekly loss is in the beginning
  • wils5150
    wils5150 Posts: 149 Member

nope not if you only have 15 to lose. Half pound a week is a realistic goal
  • Lbowenmo1
    Lbowenmo1 Posts: 1 Member
    I lost 20 lbs in 2020 using MyFitnessPal and the South Beach Diet. I gained 10 lbs in 2021 it was a stressful year for sure. I am now committed to losing the 10 plus 5 more for my Birthday gift to myself March 8th. We can do it, yes we can. 2.5lbs a week is doable with good nutrition and exercise.
  • purplepenguin65
    purplepenguin65 Posts: 1 Member
    I would like to join this goal. I do well with support and encouragement from others.
  • nevinmom
    nevinmom Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2022
    Like ANewBody2021, I am aiming for mid February for my 70th birthday. Need to drop 10 lbs to get back to healthy weight of 130 or so. Blame increase on covid cocktails and lax habits. Husband and I are doing "Dry January" which will help to eliminate alcohol calories and should help. I started 1/1 and as of today I am down 2-3 pounds. Hoping for 1-1/2 lbs/week.
  • virtueouswoman4u
    virtueouswoman4u Posts: 6 Member

Do you have any suggestions? I'm looking to loose 2 5 lbs a week until early March
  • dreitmey
    dreitmey Posts: 1 Member
    I am looking to lose 37 pounds to get out of the obese category into the overweight category. Journaling my meals is very helpful to visualize my eating habits. I am an over eater and eating leftovers. Regarding intake of protein, I purchased from Amazon Bariwise products which has 15 grams of protein and around 100 calories. Not too bad in flavor but it finds the need for protein. I am a poor "exerciser" and I am working on that. I am hopeful to lose 15 pounds by end of February.
  • strengthandpower
    strengthandpower Posts: 5 Member
    This seems like a nice intermediate goal on my way to losing 30 lbs overall. I wish everyone the best on their weight lost journeys!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!