Tried on the wedding dress.....and cried

Options
2»

Replies

• snowbune27
    snowbune27 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    another cheap idea!!!

go to an inexpensive bridal salon with a large bridesmaids selection...
    they will usually have a rack of sample bridesmaids gowns they no longer order so they are trying to get rid of the samples...

that's where i got my dress for our rehearsal dinner... it was originally 139 and i got it for 35 bucks!

the samples are usually a size 12, and depending on the fabric, if you know a seamstress, most likely she can size the dress to you... and come up with sneaky ways to make it bigger (add a panel of pretty lace, etc- which by the way you can pick up for super cheap at a fabric store)

Hope this helps!:flowerforyou:

I wish you and your SOONTOBE husband two lifetimes of happiness!
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    OMG, what a wonderful man you're marrying.

I agree that you're so gorgeous you'd look beautiful in ANYthing and probably this dress you have is not "The One." This is maybe just a sign that YOUR dress is still out there somewhere!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Thanks yall........................:flowerforyou:
  • opheliasfire
    Options
    My hubby and I got married on the semi-cheap, and we loved our wedding. The bridesmaids got their dresses from a website for $60, and I found a cheap wedding dress from a small boutique that sold mostly prom dresses.

If cash is really short, definately check out Goodwill and freecycle.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Don't be sad. You will be beautiful no matter what you wear.:flowerforyou: You might want to join freecycle and post that you need a wedding dress of a certain size. Someone may come through for you.
    Best Wishes.

Thanks, I will look at this

:flowerforyou:

Check out Craigslist too. You may be able to find something inexpensive on there. It's worth a try. Good luck to you and congratulations. :flowerforyou:
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    what size are you? maybe some mfper's would give you a dress? i'd give you mine if you think it will fit... its not a real wedding dress, just a macy's party dress. but i loved and rocked it!:flowerforyou:
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    A tip from me to you: enjoy the moment! Be happy! Show people who are present how happy you are, for you getting married to this guy and for them being there. And then, the weight, the make-up, the dress - they'll all become unimportant. If you want to make it your moment, forget about all that's relative - what's ideal weight to you, might be sick skinny to an aunt :laugh: . Or still not so great for a skinny-wanna-be-a-star cousin :grumble: . So enjoy every minute of it! The way it is! For you and the guy you've chosen and for those who :heart: you just the way you are. :flowerforyou:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options

I am a size 18.............By the way....but I think I am gonna just go with jeans........

:flowerforyou:
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    the dress isn't an 18, but i was when i wore it. let me know if you change your mind:flowerforyou: