Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge Term 38: 8-week term (January 14-March 13)

fitphoenix
fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
Good morning! We’d like to invite you to join the 38th term of the Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge. Information about the challenge as well as the application is below.

Term 38 will be an 8-week term based on Philosopher’s Stone. The term will run from Friday, January 14th (with full activities beginning on the following Monday) through Sunday, March 13th.

Owls with the acceptance or wait list notification should go out on Monday, January 10th and Tuesday, January 11th.

*** If you do NOT join by 11:59 pm ET on Thursday, January 13th or respond to the prefect who contacted you, then your spot will be given to someone else. ***

You may contact @fitphoenix or @Maalea (Hogwarts’ Headmistresses) to confirm that your application was received.

We hope to see many of you join us for Term 38. :) If not, good luck with all of your future goals and have a wonderful holiday!

Sincerely,
fitphoenix and Maalea
(Headmistresses)

Replies

• xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    My favorite challenge on MFP (but I may be a little biased). :3
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,543 Member
    @Lauramcready
    I saw that you requested to join the Gryffindor Tower group - that group is part of this Hogwarts challenge. If you're interested in joining, please fill out the application in the link above!
    I have sent you a PM as well, but since we aren't MFP friends, I'm not sure that you will receive it. I hope that you see this notification!
  • shawetan
    shawetan Posts: 72 Member
    I filled the application but didn’t get any response till now. Can you let me know if I have to do again.
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,072 Member
    shawetan wrote: »
    I filled the application but didn’t get any response till now. Can you let me know if I have to do again.

Sorry for the late reply! Yes, your application went through, house assignments will be done this weekend or Monday, and on Tuesday you will be notified which house you were sorted in. Your prefect will probably send you a friend invite first, and after you accepted it, a message with the information and links to the group. (Messages typically only go through it you are friend with the other person, so please make sure you'll check both your friend requests and messages).

Looking forward to the new term! :)
  • GrammyG0505
    GrammyG0505 Posts: 193 Member
    Looking forward to getting back into this challenge
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    We're gearing up and looking forward to seeing everyone soon!
  • Just applied! :)
  • Maalea
    Just applied! :)

Yeah! :D
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,543 Member
    @ssarahfulton
    I saw that you requested to join the Gryffindor Tower group - that group is part of this Hogwarts challenge. If you're interested in joining, please fill out the application in the link above!
    I have sent you a PM as well, but since we aren't MFP friends, I'm not sure that you will receive it. I hope that you see this notification!
  • HollyStormCloud
    HollyStormCloud Posts: 2,059 Member
    Can hardly wait! Watching for my owl!
  • Maalea
    Owls will go out on Monday and Tuesday!
  • GemmaM_x
    GemmaM_x Posts: 324 Member
    I just applied. Hopefully I'm not too late to receive some news from my very own Hedwig 🤞❤️
  • Lauramcready
    Lauramcready Posts: 18 Member
    I filled out the form previously, have tried to fill it out again now. I still haven't received my "owl". Can anyone help if im maybe missing something? Never done these challenges before so not sure where I should be checking, what I should be doing lol. Thanks!
  • Maalea
    I filled out the form previously, have tried to fill it out again now. I still haven't received my "owl". Can anyone help if im maybe missing something? Never done these challenges before so not sure where I should be checking, what I should be doing lol. Thanks!

It looks like you are already a group member in the castle and your common room? If you have any more troubles, please let me know!
  • Maalea
    GemmaM_x wrote: »
    I just applied. Hopefully I'm not too late to receive some news from my very own Hedwig 🤞❤️

No, not too late, don't worry!
    But all who applied since Monday - you will get your owl later in the week. We like to wait a bit after the first round of owls got out, to see if the houses are evenly filled (there are always a few students who don't join after all).
    You will get your invite on Friday or Saturday! (Please also check your friend requests, because typically you'll get a friend request first and then after accepting a message.)
  • GemmaM_x
    GemmaM_x Posts: 324 Member
    Maalea wrote: »
    GemmaM_x wrote: »

...you will get your owl later in the week. We like to wait a bit after the first round of owls got out, to see if the houses are evenly filled

Excellent, great news 🤗
    Thank you for the info - I will keep my eyes open!
  • shawetan
    shawetan Posts: 72 Member
    Hi I have requested to join the group but my request hasn’t been approved.in hogwarts castle group. Can you please let me know. As I am new so don’t know where to go for approvals. I have made a request in Ravenclaw common room too which has been assigned to me.
    I will appreciate your help.
    Thanks
    Shaweta
  • Maalea
    shawetan wrote: »
    Hi I have requested to join the group but my request hasn’t been approved.in hogwarts castle group. Can you please let me know. As I am new so don’t know where to go for approvals. I have made a request in Ravenclaw common room too which has been assigned to me.
    I will appreciate your help.
    Thanks
    Shaweta

Hi, you are already a member in the castle group! You should see it listed under your groups in the community section?
  • Momcasciotti
    Momcasciotti Posts: 675 Member
    I just found this group again and filled out the application. Is there a wait list or room for nonparticipating ghosts like in the past?
  • Maalea
    I just found this group again and filled out the application. Is there a wait list or room for nonparticipating ghosts like in the past?

We don't have a wait list anymore, you should already have been contacted by a head girl, probably with a friend request. Please accept it and then you will get a message will all the relevant information. (You have to be friends to send messages.)