Not losing weight

Options
Hello,
I’ve been eating healthy In a calorie deficit for awhile and just started exercising and I have not lost a single pound. What am I doing wrong? I am also breastfeeding partially and am 5 months postpartum

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I’ve been eating healthy In a calorie deficit for awhile and just started exercising and I have not lost a single pound. What am I doing wrong? I am also breastfeeding partially and am 5 months postpartum

Define 'awhile'. is that a week, month, 4 months?

I looked at your diary and you need to measure and weigh everything on a food scale. Avocado is calorie dense, and those estimates of a quarter or half can be way off.

coffee with creamer - measure it out. what creamer? how many calories does it have per TBSP or ounce?

1/2 C of potatoes? no. WEIGH IT. also calorie dense.

and those are just what jumped out at me at a casual glance at 5am.

tighten up your logging. weight- ON A SCALE- everything. (liquids can be measured in cups but you can generally find a gram weight as well, which I typically do)

3y1ynwdfql9f.jpg
  • TX_375
    TX_375 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I looked at your diary and you need to measure and weigh everything on a food scale. Avocado is calorie dense, and those estimates of a quarter or half can be way off.

coffee with creamer - measure it out. what creamer? how many calories does it have per TBSP or ounce?

tighten up your logging. weight- ON A SCALE- everything. (liquids can be measured in cups but you can generally find a gram weight as well, which I typically do)

3y1ynwdfql9f.jpg

Great suggestions on where to start. Best of luck and congratulations!
  • GeorgiaPeach707
    GeorgiaPeach707 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello,

3y1ynwdfql9f.jpg

Thank you! I had no idea that the measurements could be so different. I am going to get a food scale and do this.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,402 Member
    Options
    Hello,

3y1ynwdfql9f.jpg

Thank you! I had no idea that the measurements could be so different. I am going to get a food scale and do this.

Yay, you got it! Hey, why not log with a scale and come back to us by how far you've been off. Just total curiosity to be honest.