Warrior Dash comes to TN!

Options
I am sooo excited! The Warrior Dash is coming to Tennessee and who's going? ME! I'M GOING! I've NEVER done anything like this before. I always hated P.E. and was always so embarrassed when it was field day. The only thing I was ever good at was softball and only because I like to hit things...idk. I have 2 1/2 months to prepare for it. I really need to work on jogging (any tips?). I'm still a chunky girl with 85 pounds still to loose until I reach my goal weight but I'm not going to let that keep me from going. I'm gonna haul my butt over all those obstacles even if it take me 2 hours to finish! Wish me luck! :bigsmile:

Replies

• hwilliams519
    hwilliams519 Posts: 428
    Options
    What is Warrior Dash?
  • ChristyP0303
    ChristyP0303 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    It's kinda like an obstacle course. Go to www.warriordash.com. You can click on any of the states listed and see a map of the course.
  • pattyisinaz
    pattyisinaz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I did the Warrior Dash in AZ back in April. It was an amazing experience and you will do great! I would just continue to run and maybe do some strength training as you will be climbing a couple of rope ladders. I'm excited for you! :o)
  • ChristyP0303
    Options
    Thanks for the tip! I have already been doing the strength training. However, the running...I don't do so well with. lol
  • fumblerdog
    fumblerdog Posts: 63
    Options
    I watched my husband do the Georgia Warrior Dash in May, and truth be told, I didn't see a whole lot of running going on. The obstacles get kind of backed up, so there are large masses of people in a lot of places. Plus, some of the obstacles are pretty cardiovascularly challenging, so it might be harder to run after those. In any case, he had an absolute BLAST and wants to do it again, no question. It did look like fun, though I guarantee I would klutz it up and break my hip or something. :-)
  • ChristyP0303
    Options
    I was wondering about the all the people. They said 650 go at a time. I'm sure I'll be at the end though...by the time I get there, everyone else will be on to the next one.
  • clevengerd1844
    Options
    Im going to the one In Manchester, tn in September. I did the MetroDash last month...It was a blast. So looking forward to challenging myself with this course.
  • lilbuddytatertot
    lilbuddytatertot Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    im here! manchester tn on the 17 to clairify
  • kyylieeeeee
    kyylieeeeee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I did Warrior Dash in NY this August...it was the most fun I've ever had during a race, even though I only ran for about 1/8 of the race (the NY course was straight up and straight down a ski slope!). I would recommend looking at the obstacles they have listed for the course and seeing what they require; my course used a lot of upper-body strength, and being taller would've been a huge advantage but there's nothing one can do to help that!
    After the first two obstacles, the crowd thinned out because everyone was going at their own pace by that point, so you have much more freedom to decide how fast you want to go, versus the first half mile of the race where you're stuck in the middle of everyone else.

The way I did it was setting a time goal based on the ski slope, the obstacles, and how fast I can usually run a 5K...I finished the course in 58 minutes!

Good luck, it will be so much fun!