Hi Everyone, support and encouragement to lose weight 1 week postpartum

Options
Hi Everyone,

I gave birth a week ago ☺️
I am horrified at the belly I am carrying have 1 stone to lose. I am Looking for support and encouragement and if anyone knows of an exercise routine I can follow to get rid of the belly.
I have started with cleaning up my diet just need an exercise routine I can follow.

Thank you for reading.

Kind regards

Replies

• TwinMama91521
    TwinMama91521 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Also keep in mind it takes time for your uterus to shrink. I gave birth to twins in September, and it took about 2 months (I think?) for my body to adjust and shrink down. I still looked like I was about 6 months pregnant when I left the hospital.

With just eating somewhat reasonably (no diet plan or tracking anything) and taking my boys on walks in their stroller on most days, I have lost 55 of the 65 pounds that I gained in the past 4 months.

And keep in mind, if breastfeeding, you burn about 20 calories per ounce produced. That can equal the burn of an intense workout daily.

Congratulations. Enjoy this precious time. I had a C-section, so I'm not sure what the guidelines are for vaginally, and which applies to you, but I wasn't even cleared to workout for 6 weeks.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you just had a BABY. slow your roll. it takes time for your body to recover, both internally and EXTERNALLY. Talk to your OB about how much to eat based on whether or not you are breastfeeding, and when you can exercise.

with my first (many moons ago), I lost all the weight and was in my pre pregnancy jeans .... 6-8 weeks postpartum, without doing anything deliberately.

• rks2013
    rks2013 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody for your lovely and encouraging replies 😊
    I think the shock of seeing myself postpartum got to me and needed to vent somewhere. My main focus is my baby and enjoy my last addition to the family, and to nourish her. I am breastfeeding her, had a quick natural birth. Will see doctor at 6 weeks for all clear to exercise.
    Thank you all 💜
    Many blessings to you all.