Frontier Airlines

I am around 350. Hopefully less come may, lol. But I'm going to Disney in May and it's my first time flying. Ever. I'm terrified I won't fit so I budgeted two seats. With that said, I saw pics and it looks like the arm rests don't go up!!!!! I'm freaking out. Anyone know if the arm rests go up on frontier planes?! Thank you! 😊

Replies

• Ladyamanda87
    Ladyamanda87 Posts: 36 Member
    I would call them and tell them your concerns...you're not the first to have this question, and they can accommodate you and get your seat assigned before you get on the plane so you'll have minimum discussions at the airport.

Yes! I've emailed and waited on the phone for 40 min and then got connected and disconnected, so was trying my luck here haha
  • stephaniek511
    stephaniek511 Posts: 86 Member
    On most commercial aircraft, the arm rests go up with the exception of the exit rows - are you seated in an exit row?
  • Ladyamanda87
    On most commercial aircraft, the arm rests go up with the exception of the exit rows - are you seated in an exit row?

Nope! It would tell me right? Hahaha
  • sbelletti
    sbelletti Posts: 213 Member
    You should be able to determine what kind of plane based on your flight details. Then you can look up the plane specs online.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    I would call them and tell them your concerns...you're not the first to have this question, and they can accommodate you and get your seat assigned before you get on the plane so you'll have minimum discussions at the airport.

Yes! I've emailed and waited on the phone for 40 min and then got connected and disconnected, so was trying my luck here haha

Oh yeah, no business is operating the way it does in normal times. Airlines have got to be scrambling with so many people out sick.

For what it's worth and I hope it helps: I've been on lots of commercial flights and I've never been on one that didn't have armrests that raise between seats. The aisle seat armrest does not raise onto the aisle, but the one between the next seat does. They will be able to accommodate you regardless...even if they have to move passengers around. It's a common request and I don't even think it's going to be an issue.

Have a fun trip!
  • ChickenKillerPuppy
    ChickenKillerPuppy Posts: 297 Member
    If you are on Twitter, you can try DM'ing them or doing an @ post to them asking if their armrests go up (you don't have to explain why you want to know). My husband has had some success getting large companies to reply to questions by reaching out to them on social media.

Having said that, I fly all the time for work and the middle arm rest between two seats always goes up in my experience, but the arm rest on the aisle generally does not, which might mean getting into the seats might involve a squeeze, but once you are in you should be OK. Disclaimer is I have never flown Frontier.

I am sorry you are experiencing stress over this. Airplane seats are shamefully small. Airlines have been making seats smaller and smaller so they can fit more seats in (which means they can sell more seats). Everyone should be able to fly without anxiety about seat size.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    I fly quite a bit and I've never seen a commercial aircraft with arm rests that don't go up. Only the armrests on the aisle or window don't go up...the middle seats go up
  • Ladyamanda87
    Thank you everyone! 😊