Showing your progress....40lbs down

Options
I don't want to post my progress pictures...I'm still really fat, and only 40lbs down...do people only post when they finally look good? I can't see a difference in the pictures, and maybe someone who doesn't know me will?!!? It sucks I lose 40lbs, and not really a difference. BTW the pics are in my underware, so they are really awful!!!!!

Replies

• fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I took a picture when I was 40 pounds down and didn't see a difference. The picture <---right there is a 26 lb difference. (The first is at -40). I feel like I see more of a difference with clothes on..I did 30DS before/after pictures in undies and didn't see a difference.
  • Glam0809
    Options
    I hope to one day put a post that states I lost 40lbs! Whether you or anyone else notices it, you've made great progress! Keep up the good work!
  • kevinlynch3
    kevinlynch3 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I think people post when they are looking for motivation from others. The second poster here, she said her pic was a 26 lb difference and I can definitely see the difference with her. So sometimes a third party opinion is what people want. And it provides motivation to continue. Some don't need it..but lots do and I think the timeline varies.
  • macylane4
    Options
    I hope to one day put a post that states I lost 40lbs! Whether you or anyone else notices it, you've made great progress! Keep up the good work!

You will say that someday!! I have a lot to lose though, so 40lbs is just the start of my journey:sad:
  • macylane4
    Options
    I think people post when they are looking for motivation from others. The second poster here, she said her pic was a 26 lb difference and I can definitely see the difference with her. So sometimes a third party opinion is what people want. And it provides motivation to continue. Some don't need it..but lots do and I think the timeline varies.

I don't want to be made fun of! I hate looking the way I do even with 40lbs down. I do need support though..this week I haven't been kicking butt like usual
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I don't want to post my progress pictures...I'm still really fat, and only 40lbs down...do people only post when they finally look good? I can't see a difference in the pictures, and maybe someone who doesn't know me will?!!? It sucks I lose 40lbs, and not really a difference. BTW the pics are in my underware, so they are really awful!!!!!

Don't say "I'm still really fat". You're here to change! You're 40 down... SMILE! You're on your way hun. A work in progress. Remember that :-)
  • LaEsperanza
    Options
    [/quote]

I don't want to be made fun of! I hate looking the way I do even with 40lbs down. I do need support though..this week I haven't been kicking butt like usual
    [/quote]

Made Fun of ??? in this forum?? no way!!! We are family ,,, we have the same thing going on?? We are here to motivate each other ... 40 lbs is very goood as a start... you should feel motivated , because you didnt lose them in a day or 2 .. you worked hard for them
  • binkybaby1
    binkybaby1 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    When your comfortable you'll share... But I would definitely take before pics but not in your underwear so when you do loss the weight you can show them. Nothing wrong with the underwear shots for your personal keeping but you are going to want some that you can show the world too.
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I took a picture when I was 40 pounds down and didn't see a difference. The picture <---right there is a 26 lb difference. (The first is at -40). I feel like I see more of a difference with clothes on..I did 30DS before/after pictures in undies and didn't see a difference.
    I see the difference, your posture is better, face is slimmer, breasts are smaller and higher, tummy is flatter and even looking at your forearm...you can tell it's smaller. Even 10 pounds show. So for those of you who lost this much weight, congratulations and keep up the good work.
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    Forty pounds is an incredible weight loss! That's great work, and since you're changing your lifestyle, you'll continue to have success. Yes, unfortunately it is slower than we'd like, but the most important thing is that we're doing everything we can for our good health. Best wishes to you!:flowerforyou:
  • tannyb
    tannyb Posts: 131 Member
    Options

I'm the same way, have lost just over 40 and there's not really a visible difference (though my pants have gotten much larger. LOL!) I guess that's just how it is when you have a lot to lose. But, we will continue down this road and eventually, there will be a visible difference. I have to keep telling myself that losing 40 pounds is an accomplishment and that is what you need to focus on as well. I don't have any pics to post, either, because I hate having my picture taken (I am always the one behind the camera - LOL!) But I kinda wish that I had some before pics so I could maybe eventually see a difference. I suppose I should start now and then, perhaps after the next 40, I'll have something to post that will show a difference.

Just keep going and stay strong. Believe in yourself and you WILL get there!!!
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    40lbs is AMAZING!! It is more than both my dogs combined :) YOU GO GIRL!!!
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss, that is AWESOME!!!!

I took a picture at 30# loss and have a comparison picture from a year prior. To me, I know I lost weight because my head looks smaller and my clothes are 4 sizes smaller - BUT - when I look in the mirror I do not see it. Yesterday at work - a woman who was on maternity leave since January finally came back (I started my weight lossin March) and she said, "Wow, you got REALLY skinny there's nothing left to you" - and then later my boss said to me, "I can't believe how thin you are - you're going to float away!" - I still don't see a BIG difference in my weight. I see a little because my face is thinner, but the only real difference I can see is when I have the before and now pics side by side
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options

I'm the same way, have lost just over 40 and there's not really a visible difference (though my pants have gotten much larger. LOL!) I guess that's just how it is when you have a lot to lose. But, we will continue down this road and eventually, there will be a visible difference. I have to keep telling myself that losing 40 pounds is an accomplishment and that is what you need to focus on as well. I don't have any pics to post, either, because I hate having my picture taken (I am always the one behind the camera - LOL!) But I kinda wish that I had some before pics so I could maybe eventually see a difference. I suppose I should start now and then, perhaps after the next 40, I'll have something to post that will show a difference.

Just keep going and stay strong. Believe in yourself and you WILL get there!!!

I think we don't see the 'big difference' because we look at ourselves everyday. I mentioned in my previous post that I don't see it in me either, but I am constantly having people tell me that I look so good and healthy - I'm glad I do, but I wish I could see what THEY see!
  • StacyFrisbie
    StacyFrisbie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Maybe just take a picture of before that wasn't intended to be a "before" pic. Then take a nice clothed picture now! I bet we could all see the difference, it's hard when you're living in the thing that's changing to tell, but one day it will just hit you - like the reverse of being pregnant, one day you look down and realize "there is definitely a baby in there!". Be so proud of yourself. That's a HUGE accomplishment, and I bet your body feels SO much better!
  • auntied
    auntied Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Any weight loss is great 1lb or 40lbs. NEVER think anyone will make fun of you. We are all here for a reason and we are all here to support eachother!

I haven't posted any photos either I don't like photos anyway. I will tho. I do have a before pic that I saw of me that made me want to lose weight. I thought OMGoodness what happened! No one in my family has said anything but my Dad. But then he knows how hard I'm trying. Of course my husband notices but no one else says anything. I don't care keep your chin up...and don't give up this is for us!
  • TheShelterCat
    Options
    We can be some of our own worst critics. Sometimes it helps to get an opinion (or a few) from other people. I didnt feel like my weight loss was noticeable until other people started pointing it out. Hope you get the courage to post because I'd love to see your progress, it's always inspiring!
  • BeanyFrog13
    BeanyFrog13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I can't really see a difference in myself, but I've had comments from others saying they can, so maybe it would help you to post them and see what other people see :)
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I bet anyone here would be able to see a difference in a 40lb weight loss! You should find a picture of yourself fully clothed from before and take a nice fully clothed picture now.... 40lbs is a significant amount of weight to lose. Sometimes you may not see it in areas you would like to, but I bet your face and posture is definitely noticeable. I think posting pictures is a very good way to get extra motivation. Even if you are embarrassed, you should be proud of your accomplishment and you really shouldn't be ashamed of any before and after pictures. I have seen LOADS of before pictures of women and men of all shapes and sizes on here and I think it's fantastic to see what a difference they are each making of themselves. It keeps me strong and motivated to keep moving!

Here are mine...... from 255 starting weight when I was doing weight watchers to now 168 (using w/ MFP).. I truly hope this motivates you to keep on going w/ you journey!

275178_1637471464_4786429_q-1.jpg

6720589.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't plan on posting my before and afters until I'm at or near my goal (which would be another 40-ish pounds) even though there's ~finally~ a difference from how I looked 7 months ago.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!