A great tip

I am a night-time binge eater and yesterday asked on MFP how fellow pm bingers handle their snack attacks. Someone said that they like to exercise as late in the pm as they can and it helps them not want to instantly blow all the good they just did. Im a diehard AM exerciser by tradition; always said if I don't do it first thing then it won't get done. Well... I took her advice yesterday and today and ya know what? No nighttime binges! It's a friggin miracle considering I usually binge almost every single night. Halleloo! I'm definitely going to keep it up and see if it works in the long run... does this help anyone else who's a current or former evening binger? Give it a try if you haven't; its made a difference for me so far.

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Thank you for sharing this. I know it will be helpful. :flowerforyou:
  • Tonilynn70
    Tonilynn70 Posts: 59 Member
    I am with you and the night time binging. I have a high stress job and am a full time student. What happens is.. I get up, hang out with my kid, get on the treadmill for 30, hang out with my kid... go to work at 11.. eat lunch at 1.. get home at 830 and am usually starving by 7. So, I get home, eat dinner and can't stop until I go to bed.

I have an overwhelming urge to snack while I study... lol

Good luck with working out at night... You can do this!!!!
  • Great tip! I do the same thig and was needing something to help me prevent myself gorging myself
  • Always have exercised at night, not a morning person at all! But I have read several articles that state it is better for you to exercise as late as possible.:happy:
  • JaenaM
    JaenaM Posts: 251 Member
    Always have exercised at night, not a morning person at all! But I have read several articles that state it is better for you to exercise as late as possible.:happy:

I had never heard that before and that's great to know!
  • Kalossus
    Kalossus Posts: 98 Member
    Hey guys a really good trick I use as an am exerciser if I wana binge is to slam a huge ice cold glass of water. I swear it kills the want to get some snibbles out of the pantry! :)
  • I am most definitely not a morning person, and since I have class all day I always work out at night, usually around 9 or 10 (when it's not so busy at the gym). and I've found that I'm a lot less hungry at night when I do so. :) and even if I can't get a really good workout, even doing 30 - 60 minutes of yoga helps. it just gets me in that healthy mentality, so it's easier to make the right choices and tell myself not to overeat.
  • JaenaM
    JaenaM Posts: 251 Member
    I am most definitely not a morning person, and since I have class all day I always work out at night, usually around 9 or 10 (when it's not so busy at the gym). and I've found that I'm a lot less hungry at night when I do so. :) and even if I can't get a really good workout, even doing 30 - 60 minutes of yoga helps. it just gets me in that healthy mentality, so it's easier to make the right choices and tell myself not to overeat.

so true; thanks for the advice!