tmbg1 Posts: 1,275 Member
    Jan 1-6 AF
    Jan 7-9 Had wine
    Jan 10- 12 AF
    Jan 13-16 had wine
    Jan 17 AF - so far 10 AF out of 17
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    @globalhiker it sounds like a nightmare trying to get tested. What ever it is making you feel so horrible I hope you can get relief soon.
    Xx
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,551 Member
    edited January 2022
    @GiveHerGrace
    You will miss the caffeine from the diet coke.

Iced Green tea?
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Posting for accountability. Day 23 AF.

12/25 - 12/31 AF
    1/1 - 1/16 AF

I'm not sure why going AF has been so easy this time. I do think the daily drinking of 1 or 2 drinks had just become a habit and not so much an addiction. I rarely drank more than 2 drinks in an evening. I think I am getting to the point that not drinking is becoming the new habit.

Now to start on the damn Diet Coke addiction! I think this will require a taper. I normally drink 4 cans a day. I will try to cut back to no more than 2 starting tomorrow. I like Diet 5 Cranberry with Sprite Zero or sparkling water. I also like plain water, but once I get the sweetness in my mouth for the day I keep drinking it. Goal for tomorrow to first drink at least 16 oz of water before drinking anything else.

Have a great week everyone!

Diet coke is tricky because of the combo of artificial sweeteners ad caffeine. I don't know why exactly, but that combo seems to create a very, very intense addictive pattern in people. Caffeine is extremely addictive, and so are artificial sweeteners despite the fact that they taste objectively terrible until you get used to them. But together, they seem to be an even bigger problem than the two combined.

Good luck, I think that's a great habit to tackle. You will feel incredibly mentally freed if you manage to kick the diet coke.
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Posting for accountability. 24th Consecutive AF.

12/25 - 12/31 AF
    1/1 - 1/17 AF

@Xellercin I totally failed on the less Diet Coke front today. Like many others here I have either a cold or mild Coronavirus so am really dragging. I looked into getting a Covid test nearby, but by the time I could get an appointment there would be no point. I am very near @globalhiker so I understand the frustration with finding a test. My 2 year old granddaughter had a runny nose so I suspect it is just a cold from her. I will try moderating again tomorrow.

Unfortunately I don't care for coffee or tea so there isn't really a caffeine replacement.

Onward to a new day tomorrow!

Even if you don't care for tea, it would still be a good idea to drink it to get caffeine into your system to minimize caffeine withdrawal. Think of it like medicine, you don't have to like it to drink it.