Women 200lb+, Let's Start Strong This January!!!

Options

Replies

• sargemarcori
    sargemarcori Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @LynneM1980 I used to have a rebounder (small trampoline.) I liked it a lot because I could walk while watching TV. I gave it up because it didn't store well, but now they make them so they fold pretty small!

@nittyj5403 you came to the right place for support and friends! welcome! just stick with it. you CAN do it. I, for one, will cheer you on every step!
  • drj63
    drj63 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In

Height: 5' 3"
    SW: 221 prior to joining MFP
    SW on MFP: 205 (7/5/21)
    SW for January: 197.2 (1/5/22)
    UGW: 149

Weigh-ins will be Wednesdays
    1/5 197.2
    1/12 196.8
    1/19 195.2
    1/26

Well, it's going the right direction. That's all I've got in me about this today.
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    @kenziestabes

Congrats on your low!

• sfortner2014
    sfortner2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello and happy January 2022 to all!

I'm just starting so:

CW: 245
    GW: 160

I do not expect to reach my goal weight in one year. I now embrace that this is a process!

Goals:
    1) Log everything I put in my mouth;
    2) Stay away from sugar and refined carbs;
    3) Get moving - minimum of 3-4 days per week. (I've started Barre3 Videos at home and really like them)

Thanks for your support!!
  • sargemarcori
    sargemarcori Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Welcome, @sfortner2014 !! That's the winning attitude--each step in the right direction is worth celebrating.

I've been on target with my deficit almost all week, and doing well at getting 10k steps. I was mad this morning that I'm up not down--but then I realized I forgot my meds yesterday! That could well have done it. Hoping for a nice pretty number tomorrow!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm on the struggle bus this week. Weight's barely moved (just yo-yoing up and down the same 2 pounds) and I'm stressed out waiting for test results. Saw the rheumatologist last week and she's running a boatload of tests. My next appointment isn't until early February and the waiting is killing me.

Trying very hard to not stress eat, but am kind of failing. My goal of 40 pounds before 40 (my bday is next week) looks like I just might miss it. :disappointed:

You've done great so far, don't beat yourself up. If it takes a little longer to get that 40lbs off don't stress it. You're a work in progress, and you're bettering yourself and that's all that matters. You WILL get there, baby steps. Since you are under a heavy stress load can you just eat at your maintenance calories until after you get your test results? That might make you feel better taking a planned break vs failing to me that more restrictive calorie goal at this time. You got this!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'4"
    SW: 245
    CW: 180.2 (12/28/2021)
    1/4: 178.8
    1/14: 178.8
    1/18: 178.2
    1/25:
    GW for January 2022: 174.2
    UGW: 145 by end of August 1st, 2022
    My weigh-in day's are Tuesday's.

Goals for 2022:
    - Plan what I will eat each morning and track everything I eat. Done
    - Drink 6 glasses of water a day Done
    - Read 1 book a month - Done, I read Rose Madder by Stephen King. Currently almost done with my second book. I mostly read in the waiting room of the doctor's office.
    - Clean out my Closet my March 1st. On a planned break.
    - Reach my goal weight by August 1st Maybe or Maybe Not
    - Walk 3000 steps per day I did miss a couple of days last week, bad knees
    - Try 1 new recipe a month. I tried my Boc Choy recipe, it was delicious
    - Update F2F Daily I missed 2 day's last week
    - Keep up with F2F 40 things to do in 2022! I'm either working on this or thinking about it.

I'm not going to make 174.2 by the end of January but I'm really OK with that. I have not gained, and I even lost a little. I'm staying true to my calorie counting and food diary.

I got a shock this week, my prescription drug company tried to charge me $2334.00 copay. I lost an entire day due to stress and phone calls. I saw my doctor yesterday and he gave me a copay card that I can use but the insurance company is also working on a tier reduction. I'll find out the true cost next week.

Due to these uncertain times and food supplies, we bought a Garage Ready Upright Freezer which is due to be delivered at the end of this month. I didn't know what Garage Ready was, it's a freezer made to withstand the fluctuations in temperature in a garage from 0-110 degrees. We will put it outside on our upper deck. Salt is in short supply in a lot of areas, ground beef, celery, and rice only to name a few. And the important Queso Cheese Sauce for my loaded baked potato that I eat twice a week. I will buy extra frozen shrimp, Sherbert and frozen veggies to put in our freezer and precook taco meat and freeze that too.
  • ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hello. Day one for me! I have two weddings to go to this year, and one of which I am the maid of honour. Plus I am newly single, so I have to get into shape before I enter the dating world.

CW: 204
    First GW: 190
    Long term GW: 160

I'm just trying to make it to onederland first, and get back to my weight that I was at before I met my ex boyfriend. I gained so much weight while I was with him. I was also on heavy psychiatric medication that did not help the situation. Not anymore! I'm on my own, and I'm on different meds that shouldn't make me gain weight.

GOALS:
    Track everything that goes in my mouth.
    Track the night before work when I pack my lunch and stick to it
    Stop snacking, especially after dinner
    Water, water, water
    Go to the gym at least 3x/week
    Take my dog for a walk everyday
    Be a part of the MFP community and stay accountable.

Fresh start! Add me if you want!

- Jordanna
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,648 Member
    Options
    @FadedNovelty Eating better and moving more will help you feel better. I hope your plans and efforts to have a baby are successful.

@danikat15 YAY! Yes, you absolutely can celebrate that 49.9 loss! Congrats on hanging in there and going so far. ONEderland is just around the corner.

@ladychr0nic It's a new day. Your goals look great!