Women 200lb+, Let's Start Strong This January!!!

Replies

• justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    @fushiakat I remember @goal06082021 had a recipe for cabbage rolls, and while she used beef I bet you can just switch out the beef for shrimp. When I make shrimp, I usually just eat it.. like 8-9ozs of it. I put a little garlic and kernel "butter flavor" seasoning for popcorn. It is too low calorie for a full meal, but maybe if you find a decent cabbage dish that would work?
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 515 Member
    @fushiakat I remember @goal06082021 had a recipe for cabbage rolls, and while she used beef I bet you can just switch out the beef for shrimp. When I make shrimp, I usually just eat it.. like 8-9ozs of it. I put a little garlic and kernel "butter flavor" seasoning for popcorn. It is too low calorie for a full meal, but maybe if you find a decent cabbage dish that would work?

Thank you, I need to get some of that popcorn butter flavor seasoning next time I'm at the market. I think some cabbage with garlic, salt and onion powder sautéed in a skillet then add the shrimp, I also eat 9oz at a time. I need to see where I'm at calorie wise with that, it might be enough for my big meal of the day which is lunch at about 2pm.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    @sargemarcori I'm still here, no worries ;D
    FushiaKat wrote: »

Thank you, I need to get some of that popcorn butter flavor seasoning next time I'm at the market. I think some cabbage with garlic, salt and onion powder sautéed in a skillet then add the shrimp, I also eat 9oz at a time. I need to see where I'm at calorie wise with that, it might be enough for my big meal of the day which is lunch at about 2pm.

I've never done shrimp in my cabbage roll/cabbage casserole - I'd be worried about it getting all rubbery and overcooked, since my recipe makes 10-12 servings that I reheat and eat all week long. But shrimp cooked fresh is great, sauteed with some shredded cabbage and seasonings like that would probably be delish. Add in some carrots and ginger, splash of soy sauce, maybe a little sesame oil if you can spare it and you've got a really nice stir-fry going. Mmm, I'm glad I'm picking up some shrimp with this week's grocery order now - the plan is shrimp pad Thai (theme for Week 2 of r/52weeksofcooking is "Noodles"), but maybe I'll jam a brassica in there just for pizzazz. I've got Brussels sprouts that need used and I think I've got some broccoli floating around somewhere too.

C25K W1D1 is in the books. I was surprised at how good I felt after - I definitely got my heart rate up but I wasn't winded. Didn't even need to sit down. Barely needed the coffee I forgot to set up to brew automagically, LMAO.

My strength workout this morning also didn't take as long as I thought it would, only about an hour and change, and the gym wasn't overrun (although the section of the Venn diagram that contains both "resolutioners" and "people who go to the gym before sunrise" is probably very, very small). I was, I think, a little conservative in terms of weight moved, but I'm repeating this workout Thursday and Saturday and will probably go heavier then. The dice this week have decreed that I'm doing the following:

1. Hip hinge: Back extension; warmup 1x10 bodyweight, workout 3x8 w/ 10lb plate, held with arms straight out, then elbows bent 90 degrees, then close to the chest. (This was actually plenty challenging, I'll keep this as-is.)
    2. Knee hinge: Dumbbell squat thrust; warmup 1x10 5lb/hand db, workout 3x10 15lb/hand db (extremely easy, will probably get heavier dumbbells or a kettlebell next time.)
    3. Back/pull: Seated cable row; warmup 1x10 10lb cable/1x10 25lb cable, workout 2x10 40lb cable, 1x10 55lb cable (I think 55-75 should be my working range, 40 is *way* too easy.)
    4. Chest/push: Barbell bench press; warmup 1x10 20lb bar/1x10 30lb bar, workout 3x10 40lb bar (also pretty easy, and I got a bonus ab workout in laying down and sitting back up with the bar in my hands, because it's planet fitness and they don't have proper benches with racks on them anymore; I think going forward I'll use a Smith machine, which I don't love, but at least I don't run the risk of dropping a 50lb piece of iron into my lap while sitting up.)
    5. Abs: Farmer carry; warmup 1x50 steps 15lb/hand db, workout 3x70 steps 25lb/hand db (this was challenging, but I think part of it was the podcast I was listening to took a WEIRD turn in the middle of one of my sets and I was Not Ready For It which kind of threw me off.)
  • danikat15
    danikat15 Posts: 98 Member
    Ugh illness struck the household over Christmas break so I wasn't as good as I had hoped I would be. Set me back 2 pounds but it is what it is.

Height: 5'7"
    SW: 252 (9/9 ATH)

10/1: 241.7
    11/1: 231.4
    12/1: 218.9
    1/1: 210.6

Jan weight loss:
    Total weight lost: 41.4

Jan goal: 6 pounds
    Ultimate goal: 150ish

❄️ Walk 4.3k steps every day- 5 days a week
    ❄️ No fast food!
    ❄️ Pack my lunch
    ❄️ Limit Alcohol to once every two weeks and only 2 🍷
    ❄️ Treadmill three times a week
  • LynneM1980
    LynneM1980 Posts: 103 Member
    12/31/2021 238
    1/5/2022 233!!

I'm wondering if a lot of it was just bloating? I still feel super swollen and bloated on top of it. I'll have to call my doc and see if there are any safe diuretics.
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    @sargemarcori - I adore Yoga With Adriene! And as far as salads go, there are so many lovely options on Ambitiouskitchen.com or skinnytaste.com that keep a salad from being boring, and spice it up with lots of different ingredients.

@justanotherloser007 - I love her videos for days when I want a walk but it's too hot or too cold or raining. Happy anniversary and I hope you and the hubby are feeling better soon.

@goal06082021 - congrats on completing W1D1 of C25K! And that recipe sounds yummy.

I've been trying to re-adjust to life after nearly 2 weeks of vacation. Work this week has very much felt like WORK. It's also almost that TOM and I've been wanting to eat alllll the things, so have been trying very hard to ignore those impulses. I have a big birthday this month and I'd like to hit 40 lbs. lost before I turn 40. Trying to focus on the pounds and not the age. :neutral:
  • mollylynn2022
    mollylynn2022 Posts: 1 Member
    SW (January 5): 216
    CW (Jan 5): 216
    1st GW: 208
    2nd GW: 200

◾January Goals
    ⭐ Log all food
    ⭐ Drink atleast 64 oz of water a day
    ⭐ Not to throw the whole day if I have one slip up - try to schedule at least 2 cheat days but remain on a plan outside of those days.
    ⭐ Exercise 3 to 4 times a week

◾2022 Goals
    🐅 Get my A1C undercontrol and back to prediabetic status if not no diabetic status
    🐅 Read atleast 10 books
    🐅 Save money towards a family trip for 2023
    🐅 Take a deep breath before losing my patience and stop raising my voice as much at home
    🐅 Fit into the dress I wore (While pregnant) and be comfortable in it again.
  • justanotherloser007
    Deanner03 wrote: »
    I'm BAAAAAAACK.
    (((((hugs)))) I was just thinking about you yesterday, wondering how you were doing... I am so glad you are back!!!! Happy dance!! Don't worry, we are still here for you!! Many in the same boat, so you aren't even close to being alone and I am just so happy to see you! We have some new members since many new year's resolutions happened.

@goal06082021 I didn't snap at first to all the numbers with some letters in them (I have feverish brain) is that a 25k distance?? How long is that?? Incredible!! Tell me more, you did freakin amazing!! You are a rock star!!!!

• justanotherloser007
    edited January 2022
    nebslp wrote: »
    I was excited to see my new scale delivered yesterday. The instruction booklet said "For children under 10 and over 70
    I read all the things too and I think that is a stupid thing to say. Hahah, I am glad you lied and are now 67.. stupid judgey scale. I remember connecting it took a song and dance at first, but I figure it was because me and the hubby were using it at the same time. So I would get on the scale and it would freak out and tell the hubby's phone "you just gained 25 lbs!! what is wrong with you?" Then he would get on the scale and it would connect to my phone and tell me "you just lost 25 lbs in 5 minutes did you cut off a leg and an arm" We got it sorted out. Just make sure you turn on the bluetooth on your phone, and get on and it should connect.. and just keep getting on .. and then if it still doesn't work try in a couple hours. But every time you get on the phone needs to have the bluetooth on, and I have to turn my on manually because I usually don't have it on. But when I open the app, it will usually say "turn the bluetooth on?"

• drj63
    drj63 Posts: 59 Member
    Height: 5' 3"
    SW: 221 prior to joining MFP
    SW on MFP: 205 (7/5/21)
    SW for January: 197.2 (1/5/22)
    UGW: 149

Weigh-ins will be Wednesdays
    1/5 197.2
    1/12
    1/19
    1/26

Well I've played around with this long enough. I had gotten down to 194 at the end of November, then just got way off track, so instead of being toward the bottom of the 190's, I'm toward the top again.

Started a new exercise routine this last weekend and I'm definitely feeling it today.

One day, one step at a time...

Good luck to everyone this week!
  • kenziestabes
    kenziestabes Posts: 338 Member
    Girl, my weight chart looks like a heart monitor. lol. Said I gained a whole pound from yesterday this morning. I keep my progress/report setting on 3 months because it's scaled out enough I feel like I have a more accurate weight loss (keep in mind I log nearly every day).
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    January 3— 266
    January 4— 264.6
    January 5— 262.8
    January 6— 262.6

So I know this is water weight but I'll take it! I've also started exercising yeay for me. I play FitXR on my virtual reality headset. It's a HIIT workout, boxing and dance workout game. I'm loving it and it has a calorie counter in it too for my height and weight. I've also got a hello fresh delivery on Sunday. 5 recipes for 2 people. It was 50% off too. Looking forward to cooking more too.