Edit a food

Options
ONUnicorn
ONUnicorn Posts: 41 Member
If you add a food to the app, then later realize you made an error in copying the label or recipe, is there a way to edit it?

Also, am I the only one who routinely types out a post in the forums and then pushes "done" instead of "Post", losing whatever I wanted to post?

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    At the top of your diary, if you scroll down slightly, an edit icon should appear and you can delete or edit the incorrect food.
    As for "done" yes, I've done that and it is frustrating when you've made a long post. Not sure why that even exists when it just deletes everything 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • ONUnicorn
    ONUnicorn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    At the top of your diary, if you scroll down slightly, an edit icon should appear and you can delete or edit the incorrect food.

That seems to let me edit my diary, not the food itself. Like, if you're adding a recipe and you skip an ingredient, so then it's incorrectly calculated. Or if you're copying a food label and you transpose 2 numbers, so it reads 410 calories instead of 140.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    You have to go into the recipe itself and edit it there. I don't know of a way to edit a database entry that you made or entered incorrectly.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    On the iOS app, go to “my foods, recipes, and meals” on the far right menu, by things like my profile, settings, etc. You can edit the foods you entered as your own, your recipes, and your meals from there. I don’t know how or if you can edit from the other platforms, everything is different depending upon how you access it.

To edit any erroneous food in the database, you can choose “report food” at the bottom of the entry and do so.