Offtopic- MINERAL MAKEUP

Options
So which is better?

Sheer Cover or Bare Minerals?

Sheer cover is 50% the price of Bare Minerals and offers a ton more in their starter kit.......

but I've never tried either, so I don't know. Are they pretty comparable products as far as quality etc.. goes?

Replies

• mablesyrup
    mablesyrup Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    So which is better?

Sheer Cover or Bare Minerals?

Sheer cover is 50% the price of Bare Minerals and offers a ton more in their starter kit.......

but I've never tried either, so I don't know. Are they pretty comparable products as far as quality etc.. goes?
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I use the makeup brand mineral makeups and love them, never wanted to spend the amt of money those big brands are asking
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I wish I could help you, I only use MAC products
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I use Mary Kay's mineral makeup. I loooove their mineral eyeshadow.

I'm a MK consultant. :heart:
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    mineral makeup is amazing, bare minerals is worth the money! tested and approved!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I use Mabelline's (sp) version of mineral make up and I love it!! Way cheaper than the Bare Minerals stuff
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

they make trucks right?
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

they make trucks right?

BAHAHA....it's as expensive as a darn truck, that much I know! :laugh:
  • rebcolorado
    Options
    I have used Bare Minerals for years and love it. Stila and MAC have some good products also, but the majority of what I use is Bare Minerals.
    If you do not have a skin care product that you use I would recommend Kinerase - it is awesome.
  • Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    Options
    I love MMU I have used it for years.

I started with a sample of bare minerals from ebay. I loved the look, feel and coverage but in a few hours I wanted to rip my face off it itched so bad. I did some research and discovered it was the Bismuth that is in bare minerals.

Test it and see if you can handle the Bismuth.

I still use MMU but I use small name brands that contain no Bismuth and I found a brand that also does not use the micronized titanium dioxide.

Good luck, it is a bit of a learning curve ( you do not need much at all!!) but once you get the hang of it you cant go back to liquid!

edt to add: sry I did not try sheer cover becuase it also had Bismuth so I cant help you there.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I use whatever is on sale. :embarassed: :embarassed:
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    If you have dry skin any powder mineral makeup will make this more obvious...good to use a liquid primer first if this is the case. There are a lot of good ones out there these days. Seems to be the trend; personally I tried Bare Minerals and hated it. Went to the Dior counter and left looking much better:wink: . Perhaps they just didn't have a good match for my skin....
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    curious-

is it unheard of to not wear any? or am I an idiot...the time, the money ...I like the no make up look
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    curious-

is it unheard of to not wear any? or am I an idiot...the time, the money ...I like the no make up look

Oh Dave, so much to learn about women. We wear makeup so we can look natural! Duh...:laugh: :laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    curious-

Of course not. Gotta clean house & do laundry sometime. :laugh:
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    mineral makeup is amazing, bare minerals is worth the money! tested and approved!
    I agree I love this and only use this. Its the best!
  • Shannon023
    Options
    curious-

Oh Dave, so much to learn about women. We wear makeup so we can look natural! Duh...:laugh: :laugh:

*high five* :laugh:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    curious-

*high five* :laugh:

ok...LOL...so the answer is yes...I am an idiot:wink:
  • nicolet04
    nicolet04 Posts: 830
    Options
    mary kay!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I used Bare Minderals, and I liked it, but it was too expensive. I use everyday minerals now and they are MUCH more affordable. The colors are different than bare minerals.....what I thought I would be was way too light on me, but I beleive they offer a starter kit too, or you can order three small (at a time) trial size for free, just pay shipping, to try them out and see what color you are.

The biggest container that the foundation is available in is bigger than the bare minerals one, and still cheaper (12 I think).