Down 96lbs using Factor meals. Since their price hike, today marks a new chapter!

Since February/March of 2021 I've been eating almost all of my food from factor 75. Yes, it's expensive, but I am fortunate, and if you bought the package deals there was a hefty discount.

They recently got rid of the package deals, and now it's too expensive even for me :P

So today marks the beginning of a new chapter where I shoulder a little bit more responsibility in my own meal prep and portion control.

But I mean, hey, 96lbs ain't a bad run!

The last couple of weeks in anticipation I scaled back to two factor meals per day, then one factor meal per day, and then, finally, today, was the last one. All gone. The last few pounds is all on me!

Replies

• LorieJCall
    LorieJCall Posts: 10 Member
    edited January 2022
    @dontlikepeople Were you on something other than the 4,6,8,10,12,18 plans? I haven't received any notice of a price hike. Thanks.
  • dontlikepeople
    dontlikepeople Posts: 132 Member
    LorieJCall wrote: »
    @dontlikepeople Were you on something other than the 4,6,8,10,12,18 plans? I haven't received any notice of a price hike. Thanks.

I was on the 18 meal plan, but I used to prepay using the "Performance package", this resulted in an almost 20% discount! They no longer offer the package deals, and the full asking price is not competitive. It's actually more expensive than some of the competition like zilla meals and jimmy's famous meals.
  • LorieJCall
    LorieJCall Posts: 10 Member
    LorieJCall wrote: »

I was on the 18 meal plan, but I used to prepay using the "Performance package", this resulted in an almost 20% discount! They no longer offer the package deals, and the full asking price is not competitive. It's actually more expensive than some of the competition like zilla meals and jimmy's famous meals.

Good to know, @dontlikepeople. Also, I forgot to congratulate you on achieving your goal. So, congratulations! That's quite an accomplishment.
  • IheartPGH
    IheartPGH Posts: 39 Member
    It's so much better to eat home made meals.
  • dontlikepeople
    Yeah, not having to cook or clean up after for a year was pretty sweet. If there was a home made meal I wanted I made it, it wasn't a big deal, I just didn't have to!

Especially in the beginning it let me redirect that energy into other fitness activities to get the ball rolling.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Too bad about the loss of the discount! Sounds like you are approaching things in a healthy way though. Fortunately there are a ton of cool meal prep tips out there so you can spend a little time cooking several basic ingredients and put them aside for the week, mix and match and have your own healthy premade meals. I could go into detail but I think you get the idea. Once you get used to it, it doesn't have to be all that time consuming, especially if you choose cooking methods that don't have to be watched every second - like baking, steaming, crock pot, or whatever. After a little investment in storage dishes you can still save a ton of time doing this.

Congratulations on your progress so far, that's awesome!
  • dontlikepeople
    @Sand_TIger

Granted it's only been 5 days of 100% on my own, but it's been a breeze so far. It was just really helpful to have when I was very overweight, because as you can image, even the smallest amount of effort at that size takes a lot of energy and mental fortitude. Now I'm relatively in good shape and athletic again, and its not a big deal to throw things in the air fryer the night before, or fry up a few eggs.

In many ways I'm glad the price went up, because now I'm saving money too. All around positive experience.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!