Got Covid lost 3780 day streak

Options
I think it’s childish to take away a streak and all my receipts because i got covid.

How high schoolish!

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Google is fun....

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login_counter_reset_request

That should set your days back to the way you want them. 👍
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,605 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Damn that pesky covid! :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,267 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how MFP would know that you skipped logging in for a day because you had Covid, vs. you just lost interest or gave up for a while?

If you posted on your timeline about having Covid, they don't have staff members who read all the many thousands of our daily updates, or even all the posts in the Community.

Also, what do you mean by losing your "receipts"? Do you mean recipes? (My grandmother used to call those "receipts".) You shouldn't lose your recipes just because you broke your login streak. If they disappeared, that's a separate problem, I think. If something like that happened, I'd suggest filing a trouble ticket through the Help function to get help from MFP staff with that. That's how to get help with things, from them.

Posting here, you're just talking to your fellow MFP users, who don't have any more powers to fix things than you have yourself.

Good luck with it!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    The streak -- as others have said -- is just how many days you've logged in in a row. You can likely have it reset, but then it wouldn't actually be accurate. I'm curious why it matters to you -- do you think you lose your history of past logging or something? You don't.
  • anthonyloprimo
    anthonyloprimo Posts: 27 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    While I'm sorry you got COVID, you're complaining over something that - independent of other comments here - has only an impact on you.

And to that extent I totally feel you - I had lost my stepmother and just... couldn't function. Went to the service, and for the three days or so I was out, I didn't care. Ate whatever, and didn't care to log it. In some ways you could say that's worse than getting COVID (and living to complain about your streak, as it were), in other ways, my experience of losing a loved one can't hold a candle to you.

It doesn't change the fact that an automated system gives this service that you're using. And while seeing a login streak is definitely a motivation boost (for me at least and I suspect it is for you), a computer won't take pity on you that you have COVID, and neither will it give you hugs and a motivational message for hitting your thousandth day of logging in (actually I could be wrong, who knows, but that's the programmer setting a script that gives you such a message when a variable hits a specific value, ultimately resulting in the computer doing it.

It appears there are ways to request a reset of your counter, which is awesome, but childish? High schoolish?

Yeah no, your frustration is absolutely valid, but the way you're ranting about it? Take several steps back, relax, and find a way to move on. Try to get it reset, or use it as motivation to get back to where you were. It's obvious you were dedicated before, and once you move past having COVID, it's all the more reason to motivate yourself back to logging in, day after day!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,005 Member
    Options
    I can understand being upset at recipes disappearing, I would be too (I presume receipts was a typo and you meant recipes) but that isnt happening because your streak was not continuous.

I have gone periods of time without logging in to the site and my streak gets re set - but all my recipes and my past foods are still there.

That seems a separate issue or a glitch and maybe Admin could restore them for you.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I lost my streak a few years ago when I went on vacation and had no phone signal. But more recently, despite having a baby and catching Covid and a bunch of other things, I still have my streak!

MFP doesn’t know why we don’t log in.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Life is filled with priorities. I'm sure it was important to you but hmmmm......talk to the powers and see if they can get you back to your numbers.

My take-away from your post was that you've survived Covid and can look forward to a future. THAT is something to celebrate and be grateful for.