Omelettes!! help me out? :)

Options
So I am currently obsessed with microwave "omelettes" (I used to hate eggs, go figure)

My fall back recipe is

4 egg white
1/4 cup vitasoy 99.5% fat free milk
2 mushrooms
1/4 of a tomato
2 tsp spring onion

Whisk eggs and milk, throw the rest of the stuff in the bowl and microwave for 3 minutes

It equals 100calories EXACTLY is super fast and super filling

But it's become super boring. What do you guys eat with eggs?! I'm doing my shopping tomorrow and want suggestions please!! (I don't like cheese)

Replies

• cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    My friend adds ground turkey crumbles she gets already made from the refrigerated section and chopped onion.

You could try spinach?
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I love them too, they are my night before weigh in meal (no rice to hold the water etc lol) Mine consist of anything from ham, left over cooked chicken, low fat cheddar, spring onions/scallions, diced tomatoes, prawns, mushrooms, pepper - I'll be keeping an eye on this for more ideas too :-)
  • mday7205
    mday7205 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like to eat mine with Hormel Natural Choice Lunchmeat and Herdez Salsa!!!
  • darsh11
    Options
    Here is one I love.
    Egg Whites
    Reduced Fat Mexican Cheese blend
    1/4 cup of black beans
    green onion
    mushrooms
    tomatoes
    and a dash of taco sauce
  • martinh78
    Options
    Cottage cheese and black pepper.

Cooked leftover veggies (leftover peas and diced boiled potatoes for example)

Leftover meat (chicken breast etc)

Sweetcorn is good.

Actually nothing is left over, I deliberately cook a bit more or put a bit to one side for just this sort of thing!
  • jakecan4sure
    Options
    I've never made them in the micro. This is gonna save me so much time. Thanks!!
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I had an omelette earlier. I like to keep the yolks, add a bit of black pepper, dill and a couple of birdseye chilli peppers, sliced.

Normally, I'd throw it on a piece of toast, but today, had it as-is.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i have red pepper, onion, and mushroom with mine usually, and then whatever meat is in the fridge, usually ham or chicken, sometimes a couple of sausages chopped up, and i have had spinach the last couple of times as well, which has veen very tasty. you can try adding some ground pepper to the egg when you whisk it if u like a bit more flavour?
  • chef970
    chef970 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    throw some diced peppers and onions with a little of Mrs. Dash, Salt free...full flavor without the guilt...yummy!!
  • louisebear
    Options
    Omelettes are great...throw anything inside them, i especially like peppers, low fat chesse, mushrooms or tuna.
  • Kntu
    Kntu Posts: 24
    Options
    mmmm omelettes...i add spincah to mine - either fresh or defrosted frozen. And sometimes I take a piece or two of thinly sliced chorizo and chop it up. Adds a nice spicy touch. Don't know how many calories it is though. And how do you make them in the microwave???
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    add soem diced green peppers and feta cheese :)
  • YeOldeLancer
    Options
    wilted spinach, tomatoes and feta cheese. YUMMY!!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Tomaoto, feta and spinach
    canadian bacon 20 calories per slice
    tomato,goat cheese and basil
    cheddar cheese can canadian bacon
  • Jcat52643
    Jcat52643 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like mine with grilled chicken, green peppers, salsa, and sour cream... Yumm!
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Maybe add some green peppers and some chicken sausage to that bad boy?
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Dill and ham
    or
    bean sprouts and Sriracha
    or
    COOKED mushroom and onion (steam, covered in micro first) plus nutmeg
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm on a zucchini and yellow squash run at the moment! Haven't tried it in the microwave though, as it doesn't take very long on the stove top either! :-)
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Dill and ham
    or
    bean sprouts and Sriracha
    or
    COOKED mushroom and onion (steam, covered in micro first) plus nutmeg

What's Sriracha? Everything else sounds delicious! Never mind I just googled it. Sounds good!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Yum! I do mine with a chopped up Morningstar Farms Veggie Sausage patty seasoned with Montreal Steak Seasoning, leftover veggies (I like to cook extra at dinner to use for leftovers--mushrooms, onions, asparagus, peppers, broccoli, whatever) and maybe a bit of light cheese. I spray a small bowl with a bit of Pam and cook in the microwave and then stick it on an english muffin for a yummy egg sandwich. I use a bowl the same size as the english muffin so my egg fits perfectly.