water weight

Options
If I Drink Lots Of water Will It Help Stop Water Weight?

Replies

• vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Yes - if you are thirsty or have eaten too much salt your body will retain water. If your body is comfortable it has enough and you've got a moderate salt level you won't retain any - unless it's TOM if applicable to you - unfortunately all bets are off at that time!
  • debgcook
    Options
    Actually no. It just helps fill ya up to keep you from over eating. I drink alot too, I make sure it is cold cuz it is best as it does help burn some calories becuz your body is trying to keep warm. So by drink cold it is working to stay warm. And yes even in winter, it works more. :) Just don't drink anything before weigh in or eat anything.:happy:
  • Anniejazz
    Anniejazz Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have heard several times that water retention can be a result of not consuming enough water; the body holds on to the water it needs to maintain a healthy water content. Therefore, the way to avoid the bloating of water retention is to ensure that enough water is taken in. This doesn't mean having to drink litres of water if you don't want to. Water in drinks and food all counts. Thirst can be mistaken for hunger so have a drink and wait 10 minutes before eating if you think you feel hungry and always carry a drink with you if you can.
  • Sassi50
    Sassi50 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    It's funny...to get rid of water weight you need to drink lots of water. When your body is properly hydrated it will start to expell stored water. Your body needs to have adequate water to rid it of toxins and if there isn't enough going in your body will store it (just like it does when you don't eat enough, it stores fat rather than go into starvation mode).

So, yes, drink, drink, drink to get rid of the water weight!!!!