Less Alcohol ~ JANUARY 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,532 Member
    @Mouse_Potato your thinking is dead on. Any amount of drinking less is a success.

Your idea of smaller glass....BRILLIANT! Your brain still sees it as two, and that works.

I use that with our evening meals. I use lunch size plates for our last meal, only because I've noticed we both go for seconds because the plate appears empty. If I use the smaller plate with the same amount it looks over flowing.

The brain is an interesting thing.

Congrats on your LESS month.😁
  • MissMay
    edited January 2022
    Welcome @Jthanmyfitnesspal.

Yup the struggles are real for sure. Congrats to you and your Mrs for doing a dry Jan thus far.

On top of that, throwing is losing weight, your going for It!

I've taking up more tummy snacking to this month. But I think it is more because I'm not really a cold weather gal any longer and when it gets cold and snowy in my neck of the woods I want to be indide and cozy,. The snacks help with that.

Not sure where your located weather wise but there is a theory that we ate supposed to hold ontoa few extra pounds in cooler winter climates.

Something to do with our caveman ancestors I believe. Anyway you are cutting alcohol calories and that is a plus.

We start a new thread every month, hope you'll join us more here as well as on the February thread that will be coming Monday.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,251 Member
    Jan 1-6 AF
    Jan 7-9 Had wine
    Jan 10- 12 AF
    Jan 13-16 had wine
    Jan 17 - 19 AF
    Jan 20-22 had wine
    Jan 23-26 AF
    Jan 27 - wine night - 16 AF out of 27
  • MissMay
    @lmlmrn 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 that is awesome. She got herself some new contact lens and had a new hair do to!
    Yes it is weight to get us thru the cold winter so we don't starve to death.
    I've got it going on to, although I don't stress about like I would have in the past. Nice AF for you.

What I am stressing out about is this blizzard cyclone that is supposed to start tonight and dump up to 2 feet of snow on us, with Nor' Easter winds. NOT NOT NOT looking forward to the next few days.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,511 Member
    21 days AF/27 days. This month I worked too many hours which means I sat too many hours and I did not take any real breaks. That means I ate at my desk and likely didn't drink enough water. Many days I skipped my morning exercise because I had work deliverables early in the morning for demanding clients.

I ever skipped the news 2 days in a row! That's never happened.

I wake up surprised to see it's Friday and almost month-end. What happened?!! The speed of my life is going just way too fast for me. I need to slow down and say "no" - a lot. I really do. But this means some things will just fail and this is really incredibly hard for me to do.

Stuff like this is what makes me "not care" and drink wine at night and just eat whatever regardless of calories. It's important for me to get better structure into my day so my stress is manageable and the work pace is in line with how I want to work - because my daytime will dictate how well I can manage myself in the evenings.

I definitely need to find my life balance and get my mental house in order!

Enjoy the weekend (football!!)
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,515 Member
    @MissMay

Please do tell about how to poach the perfect egg.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,515 Member
    My usual goal, 16-20 AF days per month.

My schedule pretty much dictates my AF days.
    I will be AF on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays for the next few months.

Diary style is how I keep track

Sunday Jan 23rd - AF - Skating in the morning before work : - )
    Monday Jan 24th - AF - I have a very light day tomorrow, so considered having a drink, but my tummy will be much leaner in the morning if I don't. Counted my "lunges" while skating. 70 per minute and I skated for 60 minutes. 4200 lunges?
    Tuesday Jan 25th - AF - Skating tomorrow, and I am having a very busy work week, so AF. I might have drinks tomorrow.
    Wednesday Jan 26th - 2 drinks. I always had 3 drinks on drinks days, but now 2 is my sweet spot. Planned drinks for Friday and Saturday with a friend who is moving far away.
    Thursday Jan 27 - AF - Happily hit my 16. No plans to be AF over the next couple of days. Planning AF for Sunday.

Rolling total: 16AF days out of 27 days.
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 777 Member
    MissMay wrote: »
    @MissMay

Please do tell about how to poach the perfect egg.

Well it has helped my poached egg process, You poke a push pin in the large end of a fresh egg to make a tiny hole(this releases the air inside the egg) . Then submerge the egg for 10 seconds in simmering water (I add white vinegar to the water 2 TBS)
    Take egg and crack back into the same simmering water bath and poach for 4 minutes. Remove, place poached egg in ice water for a few seconds, drain and place on your choice of base (English muffin, biscuit, hash brown) for the benedict. I add either shaved cooked ham, pulled pork, turkey bacon, etc. Top with hollandaise and swiss cheese.
    I also add a dollop of creamy guacamole to my hollandaise after it is all made.

I love poached eggs, and have not tried this method but you can bet I will in the morning!
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 777 Member
    MissMay wrote: »
    @lmlmrn 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 that is awesome. She got herself some new contact lens and had a new hair do to!
    Yes it is weight to get us thru the cold winter so we don't starve to death.
    I've got it going on to, although I don't stress about like I would have in the past. Nice AF for you.

What I am stressing out about is this blizzard cyclone that is supposed to start tonight and dump up to 2 feet of snow on us, with Nor' Easter winds. NOT NOT NOT looking forward to the next few days.

How are you holding up???? I get jumpy with 12" of snow. Do you get a lot of black ice too? I think I asked you that once but old age memory is getting to me
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,511 Member
    @GiveHerGrace wow 33 straight AF days is outstanding to me....

@MissMay thank you for the quote, I love it! And so true as well.

Good luck to everyone getting hit with blizzards and all. It's super-windy where I am at.

Time for a relaxing morning and an egg breakfast....

22 AF/28 days.