The scales says I'm down a full 100lbs today

I feel less celebratory than I thought I would, but I keep catching covid and colds, so I'm feeling a bit worn out. The last 10lbs have been really hard fought thanks to the covid and cold. Sometimes less than a pound a week.

Anyway, it's still a pretty big milestone and accomplishment.

304lbs to 204lbs going from February 2021 to February 2022.

It's too bad I only logged the last 20lbs. It would have made a neat graph

Replies

• fatty2begone
    fatty2begone Posts: 249 Member
    Thats Huge! Congratulations! Wishing a speedy recovery to you.
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    Congratulations! I'm still about 36 pounds away from a 100 pound loss. Just think back to when you first decided to start and all those doubts. You've done incredible and had so many wins along the way.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    You are right, that IS a huge milestone and accomplishment. All that hard work was worth it. Congratulations!
  • LunariusHaberdash
    LunariusHaberdash Posts: 44 Member
    Congratulations! That's the goal I've been fighting for for years now!
  • dontlikepeople
    dontlikepeople Posts: 132 Member
    Congratulations! That's the goal I've been fighting for for years now!

You can do it! I always say that weight loss always "simple" it's just not always "easy"

Especially once you've been at it a while, those pounds become hard fought.
  • MementoMori85
    MementoMori85 Posts: 3 Member
    Congrats! What an awesome accomplishment.
  • pysickleah
    pysickleah Posts: 11 Member
    Congratulations! I'm so proud of you! I'm sorry it doesn't feel as celebratory as it should. I hope you will do something special for yourself! Xx
  • mermaidnj
    mermaidnj Posts: 161 Member
    Congratulations ! as others have said it is a major accomplishment .. sometimes it takes a while for the brain catches up with the bodies changes..
  • suzij27
    suzij27 Posts: 199 Member
    Losing 100 lbs is a major accomplishment. Yeah!! But I completely understand about feeling worn out by colds and Covid. When I feel like crap, it’s hard to get excited about anything.

Please take care of yourself. Being at a healthy weight is only one part of good health. ❤️
  • LorieJCall
    LorieJCall Posts: 10 Member
    Congratulations! Maybe you'll feel more celebratory later.
  • One hundred pounds is nothing to sneeze at. That's fantastic !!!!! Congrats, I do hope you can stop catching covid though, that sounds terrible and I'm so sorry to hear that. But keep going, you're going in the right direction. Now if I can just stay focused. Great job!
  • cjuker1
    cjuker1 Posts: 6 Member
    Congrats! That is quite the milestone, you should be very proud of yourself. You give hope to those of us with the same amount needed to lose proof that it can be done. Well done!
  • summeroflove99
    summeroflove99 Posts: 168 Member
    100lbs is bloody amazing!! You are an inspiration ❤️
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Congratulations on your awesome accomplishment. What will be your celebratory gift to yourself? What will be your next goal?
  • dontlikepeople
    dontlikepeople Posts: 132 Member
    Congratulations on your awesome accomplishment. What will be your celebratory gift to yourself? What will be your next goal?

My next goal is to get to my smallest size ever of 175. I was hovering and maintaining at about 185 for a couple of years before covid and was starting to put a little on, but then the lock down hit and I ballooned back up at light speed.

At 185 everyone told me I was "too skinny", but I still didn't have abs. I'm pretty determined this go around.

My gift to myself is feeling comfortable in my body :)
  • Gsygirl47
    Gsygirl47 Posts: 1 Member
    Awesome well done. I weigh over 300lbs and have a lot of weight to lose. I am on a continual quest to lose weight. I feel positive this year and have just started my new nutrition plan yesterday.

• jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    I can relate to not feeling elated when you reach a long held goal. A few years ago I lost 60 odd pounds to get under 200 and it freaked me out a bit. That combined with the arrival of the Xmas season knocked me off my path and I am back at 244 aiming again to get under 200 lol.

I wish someone had got me to appreciate how well I had done at the time. I have some photos from that time and I looked great but I did not see it back then.

One thing that might help is finding something that weighs 100 pounds and then lift it (carefully) and appreciate just how much you have lost and how epic you are!

The item could be a barbell, a smallish person or maybe something from the list at the link below

https://weightofstuff.com/items-that-weigh-about-100-pounds/

In conclusion - you rock!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!