Stressed bride to be

Options
Hi everyone just joined gym/ pool 6months til my wedding n currently at my heaviest again I'm super stressed really hoping this helps. Any other brides or past brides that where over 15st n managed to loose couple stone in 6months? Please help 🙏

Replies

• Seasonal_One
    Seasonal_One Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your wedding!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the upcoming nuptials!

If you're just getting started, try reading the Most Helpful Posts

Exercise is always beneficial in so many ways, and it's only one tool in helping you lose weight.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    As a recent bride by biggest piece of advice is to manage your expectations. I convinced myself that I was going to lose around 5kg in the 6 months before my wedding (a very sensible rate for my weight at the time). I lost almost nothing. And that was because the 6 months before my wedding was the most stressful of my life: it is really hard to diet when you are stressed. Personally (and in retrospect) I feel that trying to lose weight for a specific event is probably the worst time to diet, the pressure does not help in the process.

At the same time, don't be discouraged by what I'm saying, if you want to try and lose some weight, go ahead and have a go. Those most helpful posts are really good.

Congrats on the wedding and I'm sure that you'll look smoking on the day no matter what.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    Do exercise regularly - it can be very helpful for stress.

Keep in mind that you might have some initial water weight gain from new exercise, which will mask fat loss on the scale, but don't let this put you off exercise - it's temporary, I promise :)

Don't chose the most aggressive weekly weight loss goal. You're already stressed. Dieting is stressful. Stress increases cortisol, which can also lead to water weight gain.

Set your weekly weight loss goal for no more than a pound a week:

9kjwnia17qv9.jpg