Was on Keto lost 49 pounds

Options
It has cause me to have a over active bladder . What diet do you all use . I’m peeing out all my nutrients. I don’t want to gain my weight back . What works for you all . I exercise at gym 5 times a week .

Replies

• Cinder333
    Cinder333 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I recently decided to do a 30 day Keto challenge. I only made it one day, and realized very quickly I cannot eat that way. I am going to just calorie count and eat the food I usually eat. I'm starting at 1400 a day to see if that is low enough to lose. MFP has me at 1200, but I believe I will still lose at 1400, just slower.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,369 Member
    Options
    No one diet for is perfect for everyone . . . but this is what I did to lose nearly 1/3 of my bodyweight in a bit under a year, at age 59-60, while hypothyroid (and to maintain a healthy weight for 6+ years since):

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm

It's one option.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I don't eat any particular named diet. I focus on good, balanced nutrition and consume calories appropriate to whatever my weight management goals are.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of "Eat food. Mostly plants. Not too much."
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    Options
    I don't follow any named diet.

Through paying attention to how I feel after I eat, I learned what foods don't fill me up much for the calories, for example, fats and foods made from flour (an exception to this is sprouted bread, perhaps due to the sprouting, or the extra fiber) and what foods give me a good satiety bang for their calorie buck, such as foods high in protein, fiber, and/or bulk.

When I limit the former and focus on the latter, staying in a calorie deficit is much easier for me.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    What diet do you all use?
    - No named diet. Perhaps Americans might call my eating style Mediterranean? Pretty high calories and high carbs, majority of my meals are home cooked. No food is off limits.

I’m peeing out all my nutrients.
    - Unlikely.

I don’t want to gain my weight back.
    - 49lbs lost would take roughly 171,500 excess calories over your maintenance level to regain all that. It can't happen overnight or without you noticing if you keep monitoring your weight. Adjust your calories as necessary based on your weight trend. Do beware that when you add back carbs into your diet the initial water weight whoosh that many people see when they initially heavily cut back carbs returns. But that's water, not fat.

What works for you all?
    - That's going to be hugely varied, the trick is in finding what works for you. Personally, a very widely varied diet that is mostly very similar on food choices to when I got fat, when I lost weight and now when I'm maintaining works best for me. The volume of food is the big variable.

• Singing_Banshee
    Singing_Banshee Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Now you have lost the weight try eating a more balanced diet and you should really see a doctor if you’re peeing a lot it could be a kidney problem or uti at a guess I’m not a doctor so seek some medical advice.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    If the peeing concerns you, talk to your doctor - I pee a lot (like every hour on the hour if not more often) but I also drink a lot of fluids (morning coffee, then tea and water all day long). When I was doing 75 Hard I drank a gallon of water a day plus my coffee - I did have to add some extra electrolytes into my diet as you can over excrete those, but other than that you're not going to "pee out all your nutrients."

As for diet, I stick to a calorie allotment. I do tend to find it more satiating to stay on a lower carb, higher protein and fat diet, but I don't follow anything strictly nor have I ever tried keto (way to strict for me if it's done properly - which most people aren't actually doing). I have had the most success on this diet, however, it is not the cheapest way to eat :(
  • HabitRabbit
    HabitRabbit Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    No one diet for is perfect for everyone . . . but this is what I did to lose nearly 1/3 of my bodyweight in a bit under a year, at age 59-60, while hypothyroid (and to maintain a healthy weight for 6+ years since):

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm

It's one option.

I kept this thread open on my computer till I had a chance to follow this link, and it was worth it. Worth reading the entire post, but here's the part I copied and pasted into a document I have, so that I can share it with friends who ask me how I lost my weight.

"- At least 0.6-0.8g protein per pound of healthy goal weight (approximately equivalent to 0.8-1g per pound of lean body mass). More is fine, within reason.
    - At least 0.35-0.45g fat per pound of healthy goal weight, as much of it as possible from healthy sources like olive oil, avocados, nuts, etc. More is fine, within reason.
    - An absolute minimum of 5 servings of varied, colorful fruit and veggies. 10 is even better."

I'm used to seeing fibre goals, but I like the vegetable and fruit goals better. This is exactly how I did it...eventually. So, I'm stealing this, it's going to be my pat answer.

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,369 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

It's one option.

I kept this thread open on my computer till I had a chance to follow this link, and it was worth it. Worth reading the entire post, but here's the part I copied and pasted into a document I have, so that I can share it with friends who ask me how I lost my weight.

"- At least 0.6-0.8g protein per pound of healthy goal weight (approximately equivalent to 0.8-1g per pound of lean body mass). More is fine, within reason.
    - At least 0.35-0.45g fat per pound of healthy goal weight, as much of it as possible from healthy sources like olive oil, avocados, nuts, etc. More is fine, within reason.
    - An absolute minimum of 5 servings of varied, colorful fruit and veggies. 10 is even better."

I'm used to seeing fibre goals, but I like the vegetable and fruit goals better. This is exactly how I did it...eventually. So, I'm stealing this, it's going to be my pat answer.

I'm sincerely glad you like it, but in my own pre-defense, I think in the original post that passage came with some extra "just my opinion" verbiage around it. 😉

The basic ideas of the plan work with any preferred macro mix, and diverse food choices.

I do think most USA-ians, and maybe others, would be healthier if they ate more veggies/fruits, whatever the chosen overall eating style.🤷‍♀️