Weight loss only in the top half???

Options
NZblue
NZblue Posts: 147 Member
So I've been running for about four months now, except for the past three weeks, where I've been walking to uni instead...
I have barely noticed a change in my hips and stomach, except for a change from size 16 (NZ) jeans, to size 15 jeans.

Except I was looking in the mirror, and I've noticed I've lost the excess weight in my bust (I've never gotten bigger than an A, and sit at a 14 band, but my boobs are smaller than the A cup that comes with a 14, so I sometimes squeeze my back into a 12A.... Lol. But I've noticed the weight on my collar bones has gone.

Has anyone noticed that they have only lost weight in one part? I really do want it to come off my hips, but at least it's giving somewhere!

It'd be really interesting to know!

Replies

• danssmith
    Options
    I am losing from my right side of my body fast than my left. I dont think there is any magic way to get it to be even. You just have to accept that to get the bits you want to be the size you want you'll have to keep losing. I am struggling with losing my over inflated spare tyre. But I know that I just have to keep going and it will go at some point.
  • Frannswaz
    Frannswaz Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Same here...Lol:smile:
  • mariec25
    Options
    I have been running also and I have found that most is coming from the top and not much from the bottom half, making that look even bigger. Some of my friends who run find the same, and my dad, who has been a runner for years always tells me that's what happens. It should all come off eventually, your body will just take it off from where it wants, no one is the same and everyone looses from different places, but you have went down a jeans size so it is going and will keep doing so, its just a little slower there.
  • LickyNees
    LickyNees Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    The place where you want it off the most will come off last. Keep your eye on the finish line!
  • Scentlessapprentice
    Options
    My boobs are always the first thing to go but persevere and the rest will follow x
  • NZblue
    Options
    Thank soooo much, guys and gals! I'm glad it's not just me!
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid of your new image.
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    You'll be building lean muscle in your legs and bum area whilst running which might account for your lower half just looking larger than your upper half - but fat will come off of your hips and stomach when it's ready to. As everyone had said, we can't control where to lose fat from first. For me I have a wobbly, fat left hip & love handle. :grumble: My right side has slimmed though.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different but quite often you will hear of folk losing it in one place first. I had a big all over but very top heavy friend, she lost 5 stone then quit her diet and put it all back on because she had lost none up top and she felt she looked ridiculous with her tiny, skinny (uk sizes) size 8 bottoms carrying around an 18-20 top half...she had a point she looked like she was wearing american football body armour up top ! I guess if she had have carried on she would eventually lost it up top but when she quit her bmi was on the low end of normal so chances are she would have had to go underweight to shift the boobs and shoulders.
  • missjessica83
    Options
    In past experience my weight always comes off in strange places...top to bottom normally (im a pear shape so this is pretty normal) but i find when i plateau it kind of shuffles about a bit and re-orders and then i lose some more so it all works out in the end :)
  • NZblue
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I've combatted the bra problem cheaply, by safety pinning the cups together. (I think I'll get a 12A and an extender.)

I've started cycling again, today, to see if it helps. A couple of years ago, my husband and I used a stationary cycle for an our a day, each, and I lost weight from my hips. So we'll see how it goes! (Otherwise, can't complain! A loss is a loss is a loss. =))
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have exactly the same thing happen to me at one point I was a size UK 14top and 18 bottom but now I've finally started evening out but I'm a size 14bottom and 12/14 top. My mother in law is the other way round as she's a size 10-12 bottom and size 20 top.
  • seasargasso
    seasargasso Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose the middle tire and reduce my waist to hip ration. I am running the C25K, doing the elliptical, moderate weights, and have lost in my neck, chest, thighs. Everything else looks exactly like it did when I started, only more so now that the other areas are shrinking. It can be very discouraging, but I agree with someon on this thread who said you just have to keep steady with the plan--stick to the plan. It will eventually melt away.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!