1 Year Transformation/ Testimonials!!!

Options
cimkuz2dxpvp.jpeg

9gzodb85ak6m.jpeg

I was able to lose roughly 56 pounds last year! MyFitnessPal was an essential tool in my health journey, not only as a self-accountability tool, but as a platform for motivation and support I never had. If anyone would like to post their 1 year transformations, I think, it would greatly help motivate those of us who feel, at times, that losing weight and taking the first steps are the most difficult. This discussion group can be yet another way for us to come together and share our success stories for others to see and comment on.

Replies

• TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Great work! I look forward to hearing the testimonies:)
  • wowisforstuds1238
    wowisforstuds1238 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Really looking forward to growing this thread with everyone!
  • wowisforstuds1238
    Options
    Nico, you are doing awesome and I wanted to tell you thank you for sharing. We are all in this journey together so of course I can be someone you can reach out to just feel free to add me or anyone else for motivation and support! I haven’t quite lost as much as you have, but I underatand the challenges we face everyday trying to stay healthy and motivated to continue even when it seems impossible! Keep going and soon those poles won’t give you any trouble either 😉🤗
  • wowisforstuds1238
    Options
    Rencawdor24, I’m so glad you find inspiration and motivation from this thread. My hopes is that it can serve as a safe place for those of us looking to share their 1 year transformations and beyond, while still being able to ask questions and get information as to what others are doing to help give insight to different ideas on how to approach weight loss. For me, I just started out by doing 20 crunches every hour for about 2 weeks (not 20 crunches straight mind you, but just an hour to do a total of 20). Then, after about 2 weeks, I started implementing walking into my schedule (3 miles morning and then 3 miles at night at 3.0 mph rate roughly taking 1 hour on my treadmill and gradually increasing the incline which I still do). And after about 1 month of that I started going to the gym 3 days a week (now up to 5 days) just doing resistance training as well as working on strength. Of course my diet has had to evolve as well over the last year and I have had to learn how to balance eating out or whenever I have cravings and eating healthy while trying (key word “trying”) to stay in a calorie deficit. Supplement regiment can be another topic in itself, but basically that’s about how I started and where I currently am in my fitness journey. Hope that helps and if you wanna know specifics feel free to let me know and I can try my best to clarify.
  • wowisforstuds1238
    Options
    Thank you ossentia for your post. Really appreciate your insight and what you found to work for you! Keep up your hard work and remember slow and steady wins the race!
  • wowisforstuds1238
    Options
    Been a few days since any posts have been made so I’m refreshing the thread. I would encourage anyone to post their 1 year transformation photos or tell us about your 1 year testimonial/ progress for people, like myself, who need inspiration and encouragement! Even if you are further ahead in your journey tell us about your first year experiences and what helped or kept you on track even on the bad days! Hope to hear from more of you. 🙏🤗
  • wowisforstuds1238
    Options
    Refreshing the thread! Would encourage anyone to share their 1 year transformations or testimonials of what they have accomplished over the last year or in your first year of fitness. Would serve people looking for inspiration and motivation so please feel free to share or comment on someone else. We can never have enough positive reinforcement, even constructive criticism is ok. We are all in this journey together! 😇🤗💪🔥
  • rencawdor24
    rencawdor24 Posts: 157 Member
    Options

Would be good to know how you first started your journey I.e. what things did you implement at the beginning?

I remember that first few months. The stress. I have been there. Its very hard. So I decided as you have, to start with just one thing at a time. For me, it was not eating after 8pm.
    Then I started weighing and logging just to see where my cals were coming from. I was horrified to discover what I thought was a good portion size often was way off. So the 2nd change was portion sizes at dinner. then after a while, lunch and breakfast.
    After a couple of months of that.. I started to track my water and drink more.
    And finally THEN I started looking at healthier recipes so I could eat more volume of food because a serve of unhealthy food is not a lot of physical food. And I will be honest. It takes me 3 min to make a salad and some prawns. So there are ways to make food healthy and fast. You just have to give yourself time to find them and don't put so much pressure on yourself.
    I am now finally starting to incorporate exercise into my day which I am hoping will continue to help the journey.
    One change at a time. You didn't get here overnight. You wont lose it overnight.
    The only other thing I did. Which is a bit odd. Is I didn't tell anyone I was on a diet. I didn't want the eyerolls and the vapid agreements they did not mean.

Feel free to add me if you would like some support :)
    Hope the above ideas help.

I’m still at the very beginning and finding it hard. I’ve come away this week and it’s has been impossible to continue. I will make a fresh start when I am back and I think I will start with portion size. And maybe eating one healthy evening meal a week.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!