Options
    1ybcw5m2h7eg.jpg
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    How about chocolate suede sneakers with green jeans and a shearling 🤷🏻‍♂️

h1z9kd86per2.jpg2d3bxe2zduzy.jpg
    r5j4f45zdnd3.jpg

Yes, now *that* I like. :) Along with your very last picture.
  • Unsafespace
    Unsafespace Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am freshly discovering that the darker, chocolate suede shoes look good but they are no good. The back rub against my heel so much so that they cut through the skin, and.. well, you can see for yourself 😬

v9fja1vymxi8.jpg

• ReenieHJ
    Options
    :( OUCH
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Ouchie!
  • Unsafespace
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Mephisto is the brand name, in case anyone was wondering. First time I ever heard of this company, but gave them a try. For a brand who's slogan is "World's finest footwear," a grandiose eye-roller of a statement to begin with, this brand certainly isn't making a good first impression on me.

j8dl80uj95p6.jpg
    2aategzuf0o7.jpg
  • Unsafespace
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Mephisto is the brand name, in case anyone was wondering. First time I ever heard of this company, but gave them a try. For a brand who's slogan is "World's finest footwear," a grandiose eye-roller of a statement to begin with, this brand certainly isn't making a good first impression on me.

j8dl80uj95p6.jpg
    2aategzuf0o7.jpg

Digging a little deeper, when I Google the word 'mephisto,' it means 'devil' in some sort of mythology. How ironic and fitting that the shoes that cut me up have such a name. But also, it explains the little beady red eyes under the 'M' that's part of the logo. I started wondering about. Anyway if customer customer service doesn't take the shoes back, I'm throwing both pairs of their shoes away, purchase amount be damned. I've taken this thread way off topic, it'll be nice to get past this little hiccup and get back on track.
  • Unsafespace
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Let's talk style as it relates to psychology and price/value. Take a look at the below shoes 👇🏻

cg89vwld60e8.jpg

zufyzkub1lgy.jpg

Not going to mention the different brand names, but it's the same thing, yet one is $1,175 while the other is $179.

You know the price is inordinate. The brand you're shopping with may play into psychology and start telling you, "oh, ours are stitched by Italians (🙄), etc etc, bullshrimp bullshrimp. You may start thinking, "well, it is stitched in Italy," **insert whatever other reasoning you get to pacify the cognitive dissonance**, and before you may know it you're swiping your card or laying down cash and,

zbbux7m7tenc.png

Straight away I'll say I've seen blazers that are sewn in China but made with premium fabrics imported from Italy, and the end product is as good as a blazer made completely in Italy for an eye-rolling price of $5,000+. (**cough, cough - I'm talking about you, Isaia [plus others])

These. Brands. Are. Hoeing you out. The inordinate price tag alone makes some people think "it's so expensive! It must be better.. right? right??"

Well, yes and no. Although it's no guarantee, the more expensive stuff can be better although, only up to a certain dollar amount. Beyond a certain point the cost/quality graph plateaus, and beyond that dollar amount it's bullshrimp.

Don't play yourself
  • Unsafespace
    Options
    fd8l25cvpu3j.jpgbzbnbjm66wwa.jpg272mctgs9sbi.jpgje1wxruswi1v.jpg2cgwx3w96z3f.jpgzgsv40vsxj5v.jpg

• Unsafespace
    edited February 2022
    Options
    In keeping with the theme of psychology in consumerism, how about a cotton t-shirt from Brunello Cucinelli, for the low price of $395? Designed for your inner sybarite. Let's all put on our Brunello Cucinelli and start a gang called Sartorial Sybarites.

bj88j2os1bla.jpg
  • Unsafespace
    Options
    Anyway, I digress. Too much ado over marketing boloney. Bloviatus Maximus. My next post will be positive 😎
  • Unsafespace
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Pro tip: a great way to enhance your style actually has nothing to do with style or clothing at all. Just improve your physique and wear clothing that fits you properly.
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Pro tip: a great way to enhance your style actually has nothing to do with style or clothing at all. Just improve your physique and wear clothing that fits you properly.

And work on posture. The most expensive and best tailored clothes in the world still look sloppy on poor posture, and even just a decent t-shirt and joggers can look slick on perfect posture.
  • Unsafespace
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Xellercin wrote: »

And work on posture. The most expensive and best tailored clothes in the world still look sloppy on poor posture, and even just a decent t-shirt and joggers can look slick on perfect posture.

What if a person has a messed up spine and walks a bit "differently?" I don't mean totally off but you know, something peculiar about the way they take steps

I do kind of like exceptional posture as well, though. I don't see it often, but when I do it's hard not to notice it.
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Xellercin wrote: »

What if a person has a messed up spine and walks a bit "differently?" I don't mean totally off but you know, something peculiar about the way they take steps

I do kind of like exceptional posture as well, though. I don't see it often, but when I do it's hard not to notice it.

lol, you mean like me? Yes, my clothes looked much better on me when I could walk properly. Most people are so distracted by my crutches though, they don't really notice what I'm wearing. I could be decked out in perfectly tailored designer clothes and most people will still just notice that I'm disabled.

That said, I still put a lot of work into maintaining the best posture that I can.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    Oh I don't know. There's got to be a right place for Wile E. Coyote.