Lost 4 pounds from being sick

Options
I've been sick for a week and haven't been able to eat much. I've lost 4 pounds and was wondering if it will stay off or if I should expect to see it come back on quickly. I intend to continue to eat healthy and exercise every day now that I'm better.

Edited to add: I drank at least 8 glasses of water each day and lots of fruit and veggie juice. I ate 3 small meals a day.

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    It was probably water loss from dehydration, most likely.

You should expect it to come back.

If it doesn't, awesome!
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    It will likely come back as soon as you can eat.
  • billyjoebob
    Options
    I drank at least 8 glasses of water each day while sick, and lots of fruit and veggie juices. And I did manage to eat 3 meals a day, but they were small ones. I don't think I got dehydrated...
  • Wi11ie
    Wi11ie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    LOL, Hush7! Have you been hydrating? That's usually what it is. Unfortunately, drinking liquids ups the weight in an instant, but your body will get rid of what it doesn't need. Stay hydrated!!!

Hope you're feeling better!
  • krbn2
    krbn2 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Blech--the worst kind of weight loss! If it's from not eating, it might stay away, but if it's from dehydration, it'll probably bounce right back. It could be a combination of the two--in which case you'll only regain part of it. So I guess my answer is yes, no, and maybe.

: )
  • Wi11ie
    Wi11ie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you stayed hydrated and continued eating during your "sick-time," I think you'll be keeping some of that weight off!! That's always good news. Drink a little extra while you're sick...