smithker75snowdancer03NoahNelsNelson029 3 votes
Strawberry
33%
wakegrrlARoe9410SmileswyoReenieHJ9994109 5 votes

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I eat all of those things (except bananas other than once in awhile), but I wouldn't classify any of them as my favorite food. Don't even really have a favorite food...it just depends on my mood, time of year, etc...winter, probably lasagna. Summer...probably cheese burgers right off my grill...

Being new, are you wondering what you should focus on eating in general? To that I would say; whole grains, nuts, seeds, legumes, lentils, lean proteins like fish and chicken and lean cuts of meat etc, and plenty of veg and some fruit. From a nutritional standpoint, that would round everything out pretty well...but you can also enjoy other yummy things in moderation and within your calorie needs.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    Broccoli
    I have many...some of which are Peanut Butter powder - nuts and seeds - sprouted organic tofu - tempeh - edamame pods - roasted chick peas - ginger/tumeric chai - protein ice 'cream' - vegetables...pretty much all of them - obsessed lately with Brussel sprouts and mushrooms!- rice crisps/crackers - nori - seaweed salad - lemons! - shirataki noodles - fermented products
    spices (harissa/sumac/cumin/ginger/tumeric/cinnamon, etc., ) Kamut puffed cereal -Swerve brown sugar

I love many of the above in Buddha bowls - soups - wraps
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Banana
    I said banana because that's the only thing I eat every day but this poll is irrelevant anyway because there are no cookies or chocolate. :)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Strawberry
    I was all psyched up to come here and give a list of all the peanut butter chocolatey goodness floating in my brain ATM. Then I see the poll and have to question the sanity of forum members. Broccoli????? I mean, ok, I'll eat it and like it roasted, in pasta dishes(which I rarely eat anymore), etc. But broccoli??? :)

So I went with strawberries. :)
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,714 Member
    Options
    Broccoli
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    I have many...some of which are Peanut Butter powder - nuts and seeds - sprouted organic tofu - tempeh - edamame pods - roasted chick peas - ginger/tumeric chai - protein ice 'cream' - vegetables...pretty much all of them - obsessed lately with Brussel sprouts and mushrooms!- rice crisps/crackers - nori - seaweed salad - lemons! - shirataki noodles - fermented products
    spices (harissa/sumac/cumin/ginger/tumeric/cinnamon, etc., ) Kamut puffed cereal -Swerve brown sugar

Lol I started reading your list and wondered if I posted it! 😃
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,714 Member
    Options
    Broccoli
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

uhi9zk3bogcg.jpg
    9jzk15b0u4oz.jpg
    vst4qb8544ly.jpg
    3fse2qovwprh.jpg
    g6q84ycz12jm.jpg
    yomp0sxrfjgk.jpg
    730cd5hxrd2d.jpg
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    Question doesn't process, for me.

I like variety. Also, variety is essential to get well-rounded overall nutrition at appropriate calories, which IMO ought to be the main goal? Even people who like to eat the same meals day and and day out (which I think is not optimal for nutrition) would need to eat a variety of foods.

Whatever we eat, it's nicest if it's food we like eating, isn't it?

I hope you're not implicitly thinking that there are foods that are good "diet foods", and other foods that are off limits when losing weight? There's nuance to it, but generally IMO that's an unhelpful cognitive frame.

I like ever food on your short list. Of those, the ones I eat most often are strawberries (daily) and broccoli (few times a week). But in a typical week, I eat dozens of different foods, and enjoy them. I couldn't pick a favorite.

🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
  • PAPYRUS3
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Broccoli
    @VegjoyP - ....and I'm thinking you broke into my house today and took pictures of the insides of my cupboards and fridge lol!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    Neither. What's the idea behind this question? My favourite food items are bread, rice and pasta.
  • PAPYRUS3
    Options
    Broccoli
    yirara wrote: »
    Neither. What's the idea behind this question? My favourite food items are bread, rice and pasta.

Perhaps it (the question) just needs to be worded differently...
  • perryc05
    perryc05 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I like apples, roasted buckwheat, black rice and black barley. Pumpkin, swedes, turnips, potatoes and carrots are all top of the list for me. Beans, mackerel and sprats also get a lot of my attention.
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I cant see cheese or chocolate on this list 😳
    So if I HAVE to pick one of those I'll choose broccoli as its my go to veg - but obviously I prefer it in cheese sauce!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Broccoli
    weird question
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Banana
    OP hasn't been back but maybe he/she/them (hey, I'm woke, dammit! :) ) was just looking for suggestions..