Quick Go to Recipe...?

luvleanatasja
luvleanatasja Posts: 3 Member
Hi ALL,

What's your best, quick go-to recipe for lunchtime?

I'll go first:

CRUNCHY CREAMY WRAPS

reduced-fat (0 or 2%) plain Greek yogurt
olive oil
mayonnaise
sriracha sauce
imitation crab, flake-style, chopped
shredded red cabbage (approx. 1⁄3 medium head)
celery, finely chopped
medium yellow onion, finely chopped
jicama wraps (or cauliflower wraps or large lettuce leaves)
medium green onions, thinly sliced sesame seeds
chopped fresh cilantro (coriander leaves) (for garnish; optional)

Add yogurt, mayonnaise, and sriracha to a large mixing bowl; whisk to combine.
2. Add crab, cabbage, celery, and onion; using clean hands, mix to combine.
3. Place 4 wraps on each of 2 plates; evenly divide crab mixture among wraps. Top with green onions and sesame seeds. Garnish with cilantro (if desired). Enjoy!

Also
Feel free to swap coleslaw mix for the cabbage.
• You can add a squeeze of lemon or lime juice.
• If you’d like to use canned real crab meat, chicken, or tuna, make this meal as a dinner instead.
Tagged:

Replies

• factgirl67
    factgirl67 Posts: 3 Member
    I will try. Mixing olive oil mayo reduced fat with the plain yogurt for a. change... Lettuce wrap...good idea too! Thank you.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    My lunch is usually leftovers from the night before...or if there are no leftovers, a sandwich.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    On weekends I like to make a breakfast burrito. I cook some frozen shredded potato in a pan, add some chopped bacon (I buy it already cooked from Sams club, in a bag. I'm lazy) spinach, 2 eggs, hot sauce, feta cheese, everything bagel seasoning. Put it in a tortilla.

for the work week I do a grain bowl with quinoa, roasted veg, roasted chickpeas, kale, and a sauce. Lately I've been doing tahini, lemon and maple syrup for the sauce.
  • perryc05
    perryc05 Posts: 209 Member
    9 out of 10 times I have minestrone-type soups, usually with some mea content, alawys with a piece of homemade whole wheat or rye bread. I also like a good Borscht as well.
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    A salad with protein. A handful or two of mixed greens, half a pepper, half a carrot a few mushrooms half a tomato, a thin slice of onion diced fine, half an avocado, about 2/3 of a chicken breast, and a couple of tablespoons of Renée's greek vinaigrette. I'm thinking about making a batch of some kind of grain and adding a scoop. Will likely experiment with that next week.

It takes less than 15 minutes to throw together and it's delicious, and I'm satisfied until dinner.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    I have three, actually!

Lazy/Not super-hungry: Bean and green soup (broth, white beans, frozen spinach, mixed veggie blend, and nutritional yeast).

Long, busy day: Southwest grain bowl (quinoa, salsa, cilantro, baked sweet potato, black beans, jalapenos, and corn)

Quick and craving carbs: Vegan instant mac n' cheese (I have a powder I make up every month) with baked tofu, shredded carrot, and broccoli.

I also usually have some chickpea salad or lentil spread made up for sandwiches, along with pre-chopped fruit and veggies+dip for if I'm feeling more hungry than usual.
  • gerlcat
    gerlcat Posts: 27 Member
    edited February 2022
    fbi5n0fvxvbv.jpeg
    jcjax7ctpwr5.jpeg

Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, quick and easy stir fry.
    The riced Cauliflower and Chicken I got from Costco, the sauce from Walmart. You can use any chicken, any sauce or even soy sauce. This dish is spicy, low calorie, and low carb.
  • gerlcat
    gerlcat Posts: 27 Member
    yzl0dq1ol2pa.jpeg

This is the sauce I use for above, it wouldn’t let me add.