Need friends and motivation to keep going

I've always struggled with my weight and I've probably tried every diet out there. I did really good on keto the problem with that is once I stop eating keto I gain it all plus some back. I had dropped 55lbs and then when covid hit I gained 70 back 😭 I am super upset at myself for that. I'm trying to teach myself to eat better and make better choices and get some exercise, working at home has made me lazy. Looking for some friends to help me along this journey I'm on, and I'll help you along the way as well. I'm not giving up on myself this time! I am looking at trying to lose 145lbs 😱 (I know it's a lot).

Replies

• BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    You lost it once so you can lose it again
  • frankconnell19
    frankconnell19 Posts: 12 Member
    Hello BabeHotness, BiggyFuzz is right, "You lost it once so you can lose it again". I can share this with you 145 pounds is not an insurmountable amount of weight to lose. It is a lot though, so what if you change the way you look at it. A wise man once told me, "If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change". Try this. You don't need to lose 145 pounds, you only need to 1 pound 145 times. Just lose one pound today or over the next two days and you are on your way. I love what you said, "I'm not giving up on myself this time". What a perfect attitude!!!! Finally, I saw the picture of your face on your post. You have a beautiful face. Now picture what your body will look like when you achieve your goal (and you will achieve your goal). Move over Beyonce, BabeHotness is in town!!!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Keto is not for everyone because it is very restrictive. Why don't you try low-carb? It's not as drastic and you'll be able to maintain a little better.

However, you don't need to do a fad diet to lose weight. Get a digital food scale and start weighing and measuring everything you eat and drink. Get your daily calorie goal and try to stay within it everyday. Eat in a way that you think you can eat forever. Many people on here have success with this because it's not radical--a bit more realistic. You've seen what happens when you go back to your old way of eating. You need to make new habits as you go along. If something isn't working for you change it up a bit.

I'd suggest taking measurements weekly and keep a journal. When you can see those inches or centimeters lost on a tape measure it seems real. Read the stickies and success threads to pick you up.

Lastly, exercise if you can. Even walking is good to start off. Best of luck.