• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I wish I could help you, I only use MAC products

they make trucks right?
    and tools!

and computers!!!
    :laugh:

it's my son's name, and I never could have guessed it would be the name of so many products!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    If you have dry skin any powder mineral makeup will make this more obvious...

I found this to be true, then I started wearing my moisturizer/sunblock under it and the dry look disappeared.

I use neutrogena sheer sunblock (every day!!!) and I use the physician's formula mineral makeup.

I have tried a bunch of mineral makeups and can tell no difference among them but price!!!
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    Options
    The BEST is Everyday Minerals. You can get a free sample kit from their website to try it out, then if you like it, the foundation itself is pretty inexpensive. Their flat top buffer brush is the best too, so soft and dense :heart:
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    physicians formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free here. When I am awake enough in the morning to remember to put it on. :laugh:
  • Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    Options
    amymeenieminymo, yes I use everyday minerals too. Its great you can sample them and only pay shipping.

Lucky, I have very dry flaky skin too and it took me a bit to get it right also. Actually my skin flakes, so even when I used liquid foundation I was fightitng it and it flaked too. I have learned to exfoliate and moisurize and use very very tiny amounts of minerals and build up. My skin looks natural and I get comlements and people think I dont wear makeup at all lol :) thats the look I like.

I have used

Uglogrl ( girly girl)
    Everyday Minerals
    Aromaliegh
    Suncat

right now I have suncat and I love it the silk finishing powder is amazing.

All of these have great sample policies so go ahead and experiment its fun :)
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I can wear no make up with the best of 'em.

But, I also LOVE putting my makeup on. It's relaxing and fun. Sometimes, hubby will come home and I'm sitting in the living room playing in makeup! :tongue:

Nicolet, now I know why I thought your eye makeup looked so good! :wink: My "specialty" is the eyes.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I wish I could help you, I only use MAC products

DITTO! I:heart: MAC!
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I've never found the right shade of make-up for me nothing ever is light enough. I have the lightest shade MAC offers but it still doesn't quite blend right. ugh make-up is hard.
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    curious-

is it unheard of to not wear any? or am I an idiot...the time, the money ...I like the no make up look

I don't use the stuff on a daily basis, too much work. Only used when going out and it doesn't involve dancing. Natural beauty is the way to go even on the bad days.:laugh:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I wear Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals and have tried alot of the brands mentioned here. It has been the best for major coverage as I have scars and freckles and they are covered, it has been best for my acne which up until I started using this in 2002 was bad, I have oily skin and it helps with that. Worth every penny.

If you look at my pics here, every pic has me wearing Bar Escentuals Bare Minerals........

My take on it.

:flowerforyou:
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    curious-

is it unheard of to not wear any? or am I an idiot...the time, the money ...I like the no make up look

Oh Dave, so much to learn about women. We wear makeup so we can look natural! Duh...:laugh: :laugh:

*high five* :laugh:

ok...LOL...so the answer is yes...I am an idiot:wink:

With you on this one Dave, natural is so much better ... mind you I never realized that women put make up on to look natural :laugh:
  • gggivens
    gggivens Posts: 46
    Options
    I use the Bare Minerals as well. I have been using it for over 10 years now, off and on. Off when I could not afford it or could not get it (before we had the internet up and functional like it is now). I have tried other mineral makeups over the years (just to see) but always come back to Bare Minerals (my husband always tells me he likes it better because it gives me a healthy glow)

I had the same itching problem for the first couple of days, but got over it very quickly. Now the only time I itch is if I just exfoliated in the shower, AND I am still a bit damp when I put on the makeup. I love the minerals because they are more forgiving in matching than liquids, and you don't get that line of demarcation at the neck. Also, Bare Essentials has a sulfur powder that works great to control acne breakouts.

I will not go back to liquids. I have a LARGE makeup case filled with the minerals. (They never go bad because they do not support bacterial growth like liquid or cream makeups.) Another side benefit is that the minerals do not contain ANY oils (which some other 'mineral' brands do) so they work with my HCG Injections for weight loss.

153131.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I have never tried either of those but have wanted too!

I have tried the Loreal bare minerals and I think it's really good! I use the concealer about everyday!

It's not that expensive compared to sheer cover or bare minerals

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • mablesyrup
    mablesyrup Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the plug for Everyday Minerals- I ordered their free kit (just paid like 4 bucks shipping) and WOW .... amazing.. i've been using everyday minerals for months AND I LOVE THEM!!!!! I love the company and the products! Amazing... just came across this thread again and wanted to say thanks to you for leading me to everyday minerals!
  • Stephanieb325
    Stephanieb325 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I use Bare Minerals. I love it! I have tried a lot of makeup. MaryKay, fake bare minerals, cheapo makeup and nothing will ever compare to Bare Minerals! Just my 2 cents
  • SaraWo24
    SaraWo24 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I've used both, so I can offer a little insight:

Bare Escentuals (Minerals) is good because they offer more product variety and you can buy it in some stores, but Sheer Minerals works just the same to me...and it's cheaper. I do like the brushes you can get with BM better, but you can buy some nice brushes at Target if you wanted to. I'd suggest trying the SM first and see how you like it...if you don't, you can return it and still keep the welcome kit.

Also, what people are saying about the types you can get at Wal-Mart/Target/etc. is true...I use the L'Oreal brand now, and I REALLY like it.

Hope that helps!
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I've never used these, but I'm going to try them. :wink:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I too use the Mary Kay mineral makeups
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Yay! This is a topic that I am an expert it! So here is my 2 cents.

Sheer Cover probably contains the best ingredients for you dollar. I was unable to find actual professional ingredient list for Bare Minerals which makes me leary as they claim to have only 5 ingredients. I find it hard to believe that they use the same concentrations in all products and the buzz in the professional field is that both makeups contain talc in a small quantity.

As far as Bismuth being an ingredient, it is a common ingredient in most makeup

Honestly and professionally speaking the only true Mineral Makeup is Glo Minerals. They are 100% pure minerals; no fillers, talc or fragrance. They also contain pharmaceutical grade vitamins A, C and E. Glo Minerals is used as camoflage makeup for people who have scars and burns and the cosmeceutical quality is healing and extremely beneficial to the skin. You can look at the website: www.glominerals.com to find a place that sells it near you. You also may find it at you dermatologist or a local cosmetic surgeon or medispa. It is pricey, but it lasts twice as long as ordinary makeup. One compact could last more than a year depending on how often you use it. They have a very large assortment of colors and blend well to make additional colors.

Disclaimer: I am not a Glo Minerals employee and I do not sell the product. I am an esthetician and skin health is what I teach. I stay away from any product that has an infomercial or is sold in a department store. Those produscts are sold by marketers and sales people who earn comission and bonuses and have no education in the area of skin health. I sold Avon for years before I became educated and knowing what I know now, I will pay double the money for the professional product anyday.

Holly:flowerforyou:
  • jarelary4
    jarelary4 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have used several brands/types of makeup in the past. I use Bare Minerals now and it is by far the best makeup I have ever used. My skin looks so smooth with this brand. I like that when I wear this makeup, I don't look made up, I just look like I have really good skin. The brushes cover imperfections so well that I can barely see scars or dark circles under my eyes. I do get some itching with this makeup but it is getting better as I use it more often. The price is expensive but the makeup goes really far. You don't use as much as with liquids and the finished result is smooth skin and you can't feel it. Liquid makeup feels so heavy and looks awful later in the day. Bare minerals stays on.