Who goes to church

Options
2»

Replies

• vdegraff
    vdegraff Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I do. But sometimes I skip because "I'm too busy." So sad. If you find the right church, it will help you with your faith and fellowshipping with great people can help you with life's struggles.
  • OnMyWay2STay
    OnMyWay2STay Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I decided to find a church in 2001. I went to nearly ALL the Christian churches in my small town (16 in all) before choosing to join one. Fellowship and the doctrine taught are both important.

Since then I've been to church every week. I have loved being able to visit a church in an unfamiliar place and have instant friends. My family has moved twice in the past 5 years, and it has been wonderful to have a church family wherever we go.

Pray for guidance, and Heavenly Father will help you find the church you should attend.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to add that churches, like any other group, are all different. If you don't feel welcomed or comfortable, try a different one. I've been to some churches of the same denomination that I'm a member of that didn't feel right at all. I felt like nobody wanted new people there. But the I've been in some, like the one I attend now, whee the people are warm and friendly and it feels like home. Shop around until you find the right fit. :-)
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    My kids are 18 mos and 3.5 yrs old. Trying to get them a little interaction too as they aren't in daycare I'm at home with them minus gym

I can understand that. That's about the age my kids started day care and they were ready and needed the interaction for sure.
    I hope you find a good one that you really like!

Thanks! I just feel lost and don't kow what to do. Just moved here from another state in with my parents (husband and I are separated/getting divorced). I feel like I need something, I don't have any friends here I'm just going to school right now.

Then it might be just what you need! I know a lot of people make friends there. I wish you a lot of luck in all of this, but have the feeling you'll be ok.
    It's easier than you would think it would be, but harder at the same time(if that makes any sense)
  • ginny1214
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm mapping some out this week :)
  • jonesz922
    jonesz922 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I go to Church AND love Violation Friday, so how about THOSE apples...

Signed ~ Crazy Catholic School Girl from Boston
  • ginny1214
    Options
    I go to Church AND love Violation Friday, so how about THOSE apples...

Signed ~ Crazy Catholic School Girl from Boston

Violation Friday?? Lol
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    My husband, family, and I go to church every Sunday. I have gone to church here and there in my childhood but I decided to dedicate myself to serving God when i was in my teens, I started going dispite my families lack of encouragment sometimes, they were very wishy-washy with what they believe. I may be the only one in my imediate family who goes but my uncle who raised me in my teen years is a pastor and I go to him for advice all the time. It is nice ot have friends at church who encourage you no matter what and who know that you are not a bad person dispite your past, at least for me it is. I started seriously going when my husband was deployed, I was 18. That was hard for me but it kept me focused in life and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I will warn you, you may find church after church that you just don't like or don't feel right in, it has happened to me many times, finding a "home" chuch can really discourage you form even wanting to go. But, once you find that home, there is no place like it. I pray for you and your journey of finding that good church that your family can fit right in with!
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I've gone for the majority of my life. There were a few patches where I didn't and I can tell the difference.

I would encourage you to visit and find a church that feels like home. That's where you will find comfort, joy, peace, love and growth. It's where I get my "food' for the week to keep pressing forward through good times and bad.
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    Oh man, I gotta post on this thread, cause I have a tendancy to always be in conversations that get locked out. So I better hurry up and type this out.

I grew up in church most of my life. My parents came from pretty messed up families; alcoholism and abusive parenting. Me being the only child, they wanted to raise me right. So we always went to church every sunday, without question. I've never had any monumentous conversion nor do I have a crazy testimony to share; I've just always believed since my earliest childhood memory. I've had my questions along the way and maybe a few moments of confusion, but I've never doubted or faulted. In the end, if I'm wrong, what have I really lost. *rolling the dice*
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    every week, and what really lifts me is I lead the kids music.....They know their basics, and they understand that divine love thing real well.

Having a way to serve at church makes it easier to go, and for me, prepares me that much more to get what I need from it. It's a win win situation.

And I guess, due to MFP rules, that's where I'll end my comments. :flowerforyou:
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread, as well as offer a preview of some changes that will be debuted soon at MyFitnessPal. These changes are being made with the express purpose of allowing more leeway in terms of what users can freely post on the site.

The forum guidelines include this item:

13) Topics about politics, religion, atheism, or sexuality are not allowed and will be deleted. This includes posting images or signatures. Unfortunately, we have seen that topics about either of these subjects are highly likely to result in heated arguments and disputes. If you really wish to discuss any of these topics, please google political forums, religious forums, etc. - there are plenty of other places to express your views.

In the past, with only a small crew of volunteer moderators to help keep the dialogue on the site positive and supportive, Mike has reluctantly had to create a rule which disallows any posts about these potentially divisive topics. Mike would greatly prefer to allow all of these topics to be discussed on the site, but so far, we haven’t had the resources to moderate such topics in a manageable fashion. Often the tone of the original thread is harmless, but as the threads proceed, members participating in such topics have been subject to insults or attacks, feelings have gotten hurt, and in more instances than we would like, a moderator wasn’t able to step in quickly enough to prevent this from happening.

To help the situation and with the purpose of really letting conversation on the site blossom, two things are being done: the team is training more moderators, and the site will soon feature a new “Groups” feature.

With Groups, Members will be able to form their own groups and invite other members to join. Each group would have it’s own forum, and group forums would have much more leeway in the range of topics discussed. So, for example, you’ll absolutely be able to create a faith-based, or politically leaning support group and discuss the exact range of topics you’d like to discuss. Groups will be able to host a much more diverse and mature range of conversations, and because groups will be able to moderate themselves, we hope they’ll be much better at protecting some of our more targeted populations from unwanted hassle. We plan to heavily promote the existence of groups to all of our members, fostering strong participation and hopefully giving you exactly the community experience you are looking for on our site.

In the meantime, we appreciate your understanding. We’re committed to making MyFitnessPal a place where all members can communicate openly in a supportive, and positive environment that helps them to achieve their weight-loss and fitness goals.

With respect,
    Ladyhawk00
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.