Snacks

Options
What is everyone's go to snack? Needing some ideas. Thanks!
Tagged:

Replies

• Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Fruit, veggies, leftovers, Greek yogurt with protein powder and/or berries or peanut butter mixed in (makes a good protein dip for the fruits and veggies if you want that too)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Mostly I just eat fruit because it's low calorie. I keep a box of instant oatmeal packets at work if I want more than that. Sometimes cucumber with cottage cheese and everything bagel seasoning (more of a summer snack)
  • Lhenderson923
    Lhenderson923 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    When I want to be particularly healthy, I go for oatmeal, egg and avocado on toast, or nuts. I also like peanut butter toast, cheese and crackers, and dry cereal when I have a few extra calories to play around with.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I try to eat something higher in protein with a bit of "good" fat rather than carbs. I find that if I eat carbs for a snack, I'm still hungry, or hungry again sooner. Chocolate protein powder shake with some avocado , 16 grams of almonds or a high-protein bar that's between 160-190 calories are my current go-to snacks. Sometimes flavored Greek yogurt (mostly for dessert).
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I don't snack much...usually just a planned late afternoon or early evening snack. Typically an apple and some almonds. For the most part my meals are good to keep me going, but I eat lunch at noon and don't have dinner until around 8 PM, so I usually plan a small snack that I eat shortly before leaving the office, or shortly after I get home and that holds me until dinner. I otherwise, for the most part find snacking to be counter productive for me personally when it comes to losing weight and I like to have most of my calories available for my meals.
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I try not to snack because its a slippery slope for me to go over my calorie allowance - but if I'm starving I'll try and have something high in protien like a handful of almonds, greek yoghurt with a little fruit - or combine all 3 for a bigger snack.
    Or a little lean meat like chicken, small piece of cheese with some fruit.
    Fruit makes me hungrier so I usually only have 1 - 2 piece a day accompanied with protien.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Blueberries, popcorn.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,081 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I feel like I need (fullness, specific nutrition, quick energy, small treat?) and how much calorie wiggle room I have.

Apples, lowfat string cheese, mini Kind bar, crispy broad beans in 100-calorie packs, couple of prunes, Godiva chocolate truffle heart, Beanitos black bean tortilla chips and cottage cheese mixed with salsa, Yasso frozen Greek yogurt bar, low/no calorie beverage, pickles or sauerkraut are some pretty common choices. Hard boiled eggs are good if I've bothered to make them. Anything can be a snack, though.

I don't always go for low calorie snacks, but if I'm tight on calories for the day I'd either go for moderate calories with high nutrition (offset with a smaller meal later), or low calories. If hungry, I want protein or volume, depending on how I feel. Quick energy snack needs to be fast carbs like sugar (fruit or candy).
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I don't snack much, so there are virtually no snack foods in the house. The only snacks we have are almonds, hard boiled eggs, veggies, and hummus/bean dip.

There is also often fresh baked bread, but we mostly just have that at meals.
  • perryc05
    perryc05 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I like tinned fish (sardines, herrings, mackerel), salted sunflower seeds in the husks, dark chocolate as well as apples and celery with peanut butter.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    I have some pudding, rice pudding, mousse au chocolate or similar things every night. The ones I chose come in at around 100-130cal per 100gr. And that's what I eat and that's what fits into my budget perfectly well (and then some)
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I like Mighty Spark chicken sticks, Built bars, bananas. Sometimes I'll have one of those steamable broccoli and cheese bags.
  • fatty2begone
    fatty2begone Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Fudgsicle 90-120 cal. Rice Crispi bar 90 cal. snack pack brownie 100 cal. dark chocolate 30 cal or more. If enough room... bowl of cocoa pebbles and 2% milk around 265 cal. Flavored seltzer water 0 cal. Flavored Decaf coffee-black 0 cal. cup of hot h20 & chicken bullion cube 5 Cal (lots of sodium).

I tend to eat the "veggie & fruit" snacks at mealtime. I leave my snacks open for a daily treat or two when possible.

• westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I have a job where I move from building to building so I tend to keep shelf-stable snacks that I can munch on when I get a minute.

Larabars
    Nuts (I really like chili roasted pistachios and clementine/chipotle cashews, but whatever seasoned nut mix you like)
    I keep packets of jerky or smoked sausages (Shorty's Smoked Sausages are really good IMO)
    I keep like...cheese-its around and those pretzel thins.
    Fruit like bananas or grapes, raspberries, blueberries.
    English muffin with peanut butter or butter/marmite.
    Pork rinds
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    My night time go-to snack has become peanuts in the shell. They take time to eat and I love 'em. I've got my dogs so well trained that they'll come and sit in the kitchen at 6:30, just waiting. :)

The trick, for me, is to go light with my meals and fitting everything I want, inside my calorie allotment. My other trick is to not have the kinds of snacks around, the ones I cannot stop eating. :/