Options
Jcat52643
Jcat52643 Posts: 16 Member
Ingredients:

3 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano
Freshly ground black pepper, smoked paprika, or cayenne, optional

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.

Grate cheese on the small hole side of a 4-sided box grater into a small bowl. Using a tablespoon measure, place cheese in mounds onto a nonstick silicone pad or greased parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Flatten out mounds with the back of a spoon, making sure mounds are at least 4 inches apart. Season with pepper, paprika, or cayenne, if desired. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden.

It makes a great crispy and surprisingly salty snack replacement for potato chip/cracker lovers. I like to top mine with some Laughing Cow cheeses... or if I'm feeling lazy I just eat fried plantains instead. :D

Replies

• killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    So you substitute potato chips for cheese with cheese on top? :laugh: :wink:
  • Jcat52643
    Options
    So you substitute potato chips for cheese with cheese on top? :laugh: :wink:

You bet! I love me some cheese! LOL! In all fairness though, baked Parmesan doesn't really remind me of cheese because it's so crispy.
  • killagb
    Options
    What's the nutritional value on it? Or is it to avoid the carbs?
  • zoodalia
    Options
    Yeah, sounds REALLY yummy, but I can't do really low-carb diets so I reckon potato chips (or crisps where I'm from) would be healthier!;)
  • Jcat52643
    Options
    I am avoiding carbs but 3 chips has (not including the Laughing Cow):

66 calories
    3 g total fat
    12 mg cholesterol
    228 mg sodium
    0 g carbs
    6 g protein
    1% vitamin A
    18% calcium

3 chips usually does it for me since they are pretty large (about the size of the palm of my small hand).
  • killagb
    Options
    Hmm yeah I'll probably stick with the pop chips or baked varieties lol..only about 120 cals per 1oz. weight. But then I don't try to avoid carbs really myself.
  • Jelleebean
    Options
    topping cheese with cheese isn't all that silly... i worked with someone years ago that would snack on dill pickles dipped in sweet pickle relish :noway: