have anyone used the menstrual cup

Options
how does it feel? does it hurt? is it gross to put in and take out?

Replies

• zendarah
    zendarah Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I swear by my menstrual cup! It doesn't hurt. And it's no more gross than a tampon.
  • Ready4Changes
    Options
    No, I have seen them and was kinda of curious myself. Maybe someone will reply
  • glorbaby
    Options
    yea, and it was pretty gross! It didn't really hurt though, but it was way more interaction with my private parts than I want during that time! I will say though that it saved my anniversary trip when my "friend" came early just to ruin the weekend, which I why I broke down and bought it, and it totally worked for that!
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    one of my daughters does but I'm too old to change : )
  • Charlotte012
    Charlotte012 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I've been using the menstrual cup for 6 years now and I will NEVER go back. Just the idea of putting on tampon grosses me out.
    Since the blood is not condensed and old, it doesn't smell and this is not gross. You have to get used to it because it's a little bit larger than a tampon but after a while you don't feel it. Msg me if you have more questions!
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    What on earth, I never heard of it LOL
  • alapoint89
    Options
    can you sleep in it
  • RoxanneShowell
    RoxanneShowell Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It freaking rocks! I will never go back and have converted about 6 other women to it. everyone says the same thing! you have to get over the slightly more interaction when using it as apposed to tampons. but it's well worth it. I just do the changing and cleaning in the shower. easy peasy! And it saves loads of money!

I know that Mooncup in the UK, have a no quibble returns policy if you don't like it. but the testimonials speak for themselves.
  • RoxanneShowell
    RoxanneShowell Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes you can sleep and swim in it no problem. You just empty and clean it every 12 hours. and once you get used it putting it in right they don't leak, or dry you out.
  • alapoint89
    Options
    sweeet im thinking about getting on that lasts about 10 years but im scared to try it because i just had a baby
  • zendarah
    zendarah Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You cant use it if youve given birth in the last 6 weeks. ;)
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it. Just sounds weird..Lol! I'll have to google it ;-)
  • alapoint89
    Options
    do it lol
  • alapoint89
    Options
    i gave birth almost 3 months ago
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options

I just did and now I'm even more weirded out... haha
  • alapoint89
    Options
    lol i was at first but im sold on it i just need reviews because it looks like it works well and all i want to be able to work out
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options

I just did and now I'm even more weirded out... haha

LOL I know rt
  • chocolattahottie
    Options
    I did, when it first came out. I am not sure if I put it in right and it took FOREVER to get it out...lol
  • alapoint89
    Options
    see i dont mind it taking forever oh another question how does it feel to sit in it
  • SusanRenee35
    SusanRenee35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    It sounds interesting however I am an extremely heavy bleeder on day 2 & 3. so much so that i will go thru 5 or 6 or more overnight pads in a day & still manage to leak :(
    Any heavy bleeders out there use them?