have anyone used the menstrual cup

Options

Replies

• Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    This thread is worthless without pics

AACK.....

damnit...i followed you in this for THAT!!!!
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

Here's your pic:
    $(KGrHqEOKogE6esyg1y9BOrWU0ygKw~~60_12.JPG
  • TKelly06
    TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Just had to google this...never heard of it before but seems interesting enough to try...
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I can't do tampons. I CAN do the cup. HUGE improvement for me. It took a while to get used to. Don't give up. It is SOOOO worth it.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    You just made me throw up a little....
  • MrsSardone
    MrsSardone Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The 30 or older or if you had kids Diva cups sorta hurt me. I kept trimming mine but i kept feeling it poking out.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    thank you for this thread!! I have never heard of it before. I am definitely going to try it as it sounds like a good and cheap solution. Tampons are a pain and are expensive.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I think its gross personally. and it just feels weird.

Second this.

I can't take it out, wash it and put it back inside. That's not gonna happen. No. No.

And if I lay down the blood from the cup will flow back inside? And when I'm walking it'll be making those waves of blood inside me?

No.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options

Second this.

I can't take it out, wash it and put it back inside. That's not gonna happen. No. No.

And if I lay down the blood from the cup will flow back inside? And when I'm walking it'll be making those waves of blood inside me?

No.

are you being serious by asking this? The answers to both are no.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    freakout_zps7a61c197.gif
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    "So one of the many new devices I purchased for this trip was a Diva "Moon Cup". Since feminine hygine supplies would be hard to come by and waste-producing, I opted instead to buy a thing like a Barbie Deluxe Toilet Plunger, and stuff it up my hooha.

My best friend uses a diva cup but I never, ever could. There's just so much about it that is incredibly icky to me. I just.. I couldn't.

I don't see how people can call pads gross. I never. EVER get my hands bloody using a pad. I change frequently and no mess. I'll stick with that thanks.

So sitting on a blood soaked chemically bleached rayon/cotton/plastic wad of fluff for a few hours at a time isn't gross?

I use cotton pads. And no. I suppose what you're used to is what you're used to and anything outside the norm seems gross.

But honestly I just find the Diva cup distressing. I'm sure I would bleed through (I bleed HEAVY) and I'm just not willing to even try. Haha.

Ah well. To each her own.

Of course, but honestly, using a cup is no 'grosser' or 'icky' than changing a baby's diaper, actually it's less icky than changing a diaper. There really is no smell, and if you insert it correctly, you can't feel it and it is impossible for it to leak since it works on a suction seal system. I used to have to run for changings every 2-3 hours, now I can go 10-12 hours. That is pure freedom, especially for camping or all day festivals when port-a-potties are not very user friendly when your 'little friend' is visiting.
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    vomit.gif
  • FootsoreRambler
    FootsoreRambler Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    But honestly I just find the Diva cup distressing. I'm sure I would bleed through (I bleed HEAVY) and I'm just not willing to even try. Haha.

Ah well. To each her own.

Just FYI, I am also a heavy bleeder (medical issues w/ it, even) and it works better for me than tampons or pads alone. It's a freakin' brilliant advance, in my opinion.
  • mjterp
    Options
    can you sleep in it

YES, and because of it I haven't had to change sheets! LOVE this aspect of it! (it has been a godsend!)
    I get to go swimming!
    (tampons were always uncomfortable for me. Cup no problem!)
    Other than a steep learning curve (maybe I'm an old dog and that is why it took so long?)

Feel free to private message me. I'm an open book. Been using it for 7 or 8 years now.
  • mjterp
    Options
    see i dont mind it taking forever oh another question how does it feel to sit in it

I totally forget I even have my period. I have a desk job most days. Cramping was reduced. Seriously don't notice it! Never could get used to tampons!
  • mjterp
    Options
    It sounds interesting however I am an extremely heavy bleeder on day 2 & 3. so much so that i will go thru 5 or 6 or more overnight pads in a day & still manage to leak :(
    Any heavy bleeders out there use them?

Yes, I am a hugely heavy bleeder. TMI, but I used to be stuck in situations where I would be required to sit for an hour or two and when I stood up there would be a gush that the pad couldn't absorb fast enough. HORRIBLE and embarrassing. I slept with towels because even with two overnight pads on at the same time and waking up int he middle of the night to change them, I'd leak. I have to empty the cup throughout the day (evidently most people only need to empty it every 12 hours.)

Since getting used to the cup, I have not had to sleep with towels or change sheets from accidents. NO more embarrassing leaks down my leg because the pad can't absorb fast enough. LOVE not feeling embarrassed. For the record, I still feel the whooshes/gushing. Just no more embarrasment running out on an appointment to run to the restroom. no more carrying a huge bag for all of the huge pads. No more doubling up and wearing skirts so the bulk between my legs isn't so obvious. No more keeping spare clothes in my car. LOVE my diva cup!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    5725647_700b.jpg
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I had a friend, and by friend I don't mean me, who used one and it got stuck! She had to have a nurse remove it! Then she said she didn't want the rest and asked me if I wanted the rest! Um yeah cuz I want something that seems to be an accident waiting to happen! No thanks!
  • mjterp
    Options
    Can you use it if you have an IUD?

It is vaginal so no problem. Same as tampon. If in doubt, you can check with your doctor. Diva cup has a GREAT FAQ section you can check out, too. (just because doctors seem to be somewhat clueless on the cup) it says:

Can I use the Diva Cup if I have an IUD?
    Please use caution when using any internal feminine hygiene product with an IUD as there is a rare possibility of dislodging it. Many of our customers use The DivaCup and an IUD simultaneously and have not reported any problems, but we recommend that you become familiar with your particular IUD risks (such as the body expelling the IUD, etc.).

As with any gynecological concerns, please consult your physician prior to using a menstrual cup.

Their web site is
    http://lunapads.com/tips-and-advice/divacup-overview
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options

Second this.

No.

are you being serious by asking this? The answers to both are no.

Why?
    Ok, you might not hear the sounds the blood makes in the cup while you're running...
    But you can't ignore the basic rules of physics. When you lay down, the cup is not in vertical position, and the blood will go ack to your body.