• Weight_less
    Weight_less Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    What on earth, I never heard of it LOL

This!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options

I got the smallest size even though I'm ::gasp:: over thirty. :happy: It was definitely the stem. I tried trimming it and it still pinched, then I cut it completely off. Ahhhhh, so much better. And I'm getting better at putting it in! I can barely feel anything now, much more comfortable than a tampon.

The sucking noises when you insert/remove are a little uncomfortable. lol Since I'm still learning how to do this I have to take my pants completely off so I'm not sure I would do this in a public restroom just yet.

I'm glad it was just the stem. Much easier than having to buy a completely new cup. :)
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Ok, Amazon and Aunt Flo syncd up and conveniently delivered at the same time. I'm wearing my Diva but I'm not feeling like Mariah...it's like, sticking out of me. The stem. I swear I cannot get it up any further. I can't feel much of anything but that d@mn stem is poking the hell out of me. Am I doing something wrong?

Do you have the right size? It could be you may need a smaller one. My friend tried the Diva cup first but it was too big so she switched to the Lady Cup (i think it was) which is slightly smaller/shorter and that one works perfectly for her.

OR is is literally just the stem? Or the bottom of the cup? Because if it's just the stem you can cut it shorter. A lot of people do that if the stem gives them problems. But if it's part of the cup that feels like it's sticking out then you may just need a smaller cup.

I got the smallest size even though I'm ::gasp:: over thirty. :happy: It was definitely the stem. I tried trimming it and it still pinched, then I cut it completely off. Ahhhhh, so much better. And I'm getting better at putting it in! I can barely feel anything now, much more comfortable than a tampon.

The sucking noises when you insert/remove are a little uncomfortable. lol Since I'm still learning how to do this I have to take my pants completely off so I'm not sure I would do this in a public restroom just yet.
    This is kinda gross, but I pass tons of clots when I'm on my cycle. I fear if I tried this would that interfere, maybe fill the cup faster or something and I'd still end up a bloody mess. Anyone who has used it, can you give me any insight?

This is me too. The first two days of my period I spot, then the next two I am extremely heavy, lots of clotting and bad cramps. Since this is my first time trying the diva cup, I'll let you know how it works. I hate the feeling of those clots when you're wearing a pad...yuck.

Yuck is right! It's so nasty just looking at changing, I get extremely heavy too. I hear from others that heavy doesn't matter. So I may look into myself
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options

Yuck is right! It's so nasty just looking at changing, I get extremely heavy too. I hear from others that heavy doesn't matter. So I may look into myself

It doesn't matter if you have a heavy flow. I know a friend who uses the cup and she has to empty it every two hours because it's so heavy but she has no problems using the cup and she loves it.
  • Redtango76
    Redtango76 Posts: 144
    Options
    Got mine in the mail on Thurday evening ...used it on Friday and Saturday! At first it was a little strange feeling but after a lil practice found the right placement and LOVE it ! I think I'm def innately hooked ! I didn't wear it overnight the last 2 nights just because I wanted to be able to monitor my body's reaction ..so far so good. I plan on trying it overnight tonight.
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Ok day 3 of Diva and I had to ditch it. :frown: I like the concept and putting it in got easier and easier each time I tried. The problem is (after researching) is my cervix sits too low so the end of it was sitting right at the opening of my vajayjay. Wasn't so bad while I was laying down but as soon as I walked around, coughed, sneezed or went to the bathroom, I felt like it was starting to creep out of me. 3 days later, I'm really feeling sore so I had to ditch it.

Regardless, I really do think I want to try a different brand. Anyone have any ideas? I like the shape of the Diva, just need something a little less in length.

I always leaked wearing tampons and tampons always feel like they are coming out of me, especially after using the restroom. So I mostly stick to pads...which are so disgusting on my heavy days. With the clotting and always feeling wet/gushy down there...I had NONE of that with the cup, which is why I'm not ready to give up on it yet!
  • loctopus
    loctopus Posts: 1
    Options
    I only just now joined to say look at the lunette cella30. If you were using the smaller diva try the small size Lunette, I thought I'd have to give up cuz the diva cup was still so long even with the stem cut off but I read great reviews on amazon about the lunette and I got it today, and tho I still had to cut the Lunette stem (which isn't hollow so a little easier to handle anyway) it is so much more comfortable, I don't feel like it's going to peek out. (At first with the full length of stem tho it is quite long) . Try lunette, I bought mine through Amazon so I could have it delivered next day, they're great about shipping fast.

Edited to change autocorrect errors (typing from a mobile device lol)
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I only just now joined to say look at the lunette cella30. If you were using the smaller diva try the small size Lunette, I thought I'd have to give up cuz the diva cup was still so long even with the stem cut off but I read great reviews on amazon about the lunette and I got it today, and tho I still had to cut the Lunette stem (which isn't hollow so a little easier to handle anyway) it is so much more comfortable, I don't feel like it's going to peek out. (At first with the full length of stem tho it is quite long) . Try lunette, I bought mine through Amazon so I could have it delivered next day, they're great about shipping fast.

Edited to change autocorrect errors (typing from a mobile device lol)

Thank you so much, I will get it to try!! :flowerforyou:
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I use the Instead cups - could never get used to the 'boil and store it' - idea...

The main difference was that i dont feel constantly smelly anymore. Oh and I don't have to lock the bathroom door anymore (ever called the vet because your dog ate tampons? Yeah, so not missing THAT headache).
  • sullivann
    sullivann Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I swear up and down by the menstrual cup! I luckily found one that fit the first try (different brand can be better for others). I have the MoonCup (UK). It's fantastic! Never using tampons/pads again. I only have to change mine first thing in the morning (7am) and right before bed (9pm). :)

ProTip....don't cut off the stem until AFTER you've worn it a day. It moves around some. Now I have to end up grasping for the stem most times. xD haha.

But 10/10 would always recommend. Great for running, traveling, flying, everything!
  • Dhellia
    Dhellia Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Its the best! It's kinda gross when you first start using it but you get used to it. Besides, tampons are pretty disgusting too! And no, you can't feel it at all as long as you put it in right.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Still find it to be gross. I don't think i could ever work my way up to that.
    I just started using tampons like 2 months ago and I'm 24.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I have used a Diva cup for years and love it to pieces. I don't boil it, ever, ick. I put it in a cup of peroxide once a month after I am finished with it, and let it sit overnight. That's all it takes to keep it clean, other than washing it during use.
    It is so much cleaner than absorbent products and I find it far less gross. (and less smelly. Sorry, but it's true!).
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Have a mooncup, I will never never never use pads or tampons again. They're uncomfortable, are messy, smelly and they're a pain to dispose of because they will end up sitting in a bin for a few days :sick: My period's also been less painful and it has been one day shorter since I started using it. I'm theorising that it's the suction that eases the pain and shortens the length, I can't think of what else it could be.

I :heart: my mooncup!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    What on earth, I never heard of it LOL
    I'm with you lol, what?
  • peachea
    peachea Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I'd wind up birthing that thing.
  • Smiling_Sara
    Smiling_Sara Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    how does it feel? does it hurt? is it gross to put in and take out?

It can feel awkward at first, or if it goes in crooked. It can be gross to put in and out. THAT being said, I LOVE mine and will never go back.
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options

I know that Mooncup in the UK, have a no quibble returns policy if you don't like it. but the testimonials speak for themselves.

I would rather be unemployed than work for that returns department . . .
  • peckish_pomegranate
    peckish_pomegranate Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    They don't hurt, but they do feel funny to me. Also they sometimes shift out of balance and cause a niagra falls in the middle of your yoga class, so that's mainly why I don't use them.

And yeah, they are super gross.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Wow...51 years old and there are still some things about women I didn't want to know.

Love you all.
    Better you than me.