have anyone used the menstrual cup

Options

Replies

• charlieandrew1980
    Options
    I used to get horrible thrush when I used both tampons and pads - dried me out entirely and I love my mooncup - no mess, no fuss and no itching! No tampons or pads smelling in the bin (even after they have been disposed of). It just goes down the loo!

I now am on the mini pill and no longer have periods but keep the mooncup for when I stop the pill.

I would heartily reccomend it
  • Tanitam
    Tanitam Posts: 15
    Options
    bump
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    After reading all the rave reviews and watching the YouTube video I purchased one on Amazon...I would love to ditch leaky pads and not have to worry about leaking during workouts or swimming . I got express shipping it will be here tomarrow. I will get back you and let you know what I think.

I got one too haha let's do this thing!
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    My friend used one and described pulling it out as "a scene from Silent Hill, all over my shower" so that kind of turned me off them forever.
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    NotAllWhoWanderAreLost Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    After reading all the rave reviews and watching the YouTube video I purchased one on Amazon...I would love to ditch leaky pads and not have to worry about leaking during workouts or swimming . I got express shipping it will be here tomarrow. I will get back you and let you know what I think.

I got one too haha let's do this thing!

awesome awesome! 2 more women in this world will now be cup converts! :drinker: <- oh wait, maybe a smiley face drinking from a cup is a bad choice here? LMAO! Oh well, you get the sentiment! :laugh:

and for the person who mentioned thrush not being an issue anymore after switching to the cup: me too! No more itchies! And that alone, makes the cup worth its weight in gold, IMO!
  • hazyjel74
    hazyjel74 Posts: 45
    Options
    Ugh, no. Take painkillers, are you even menstruating? I like to fully experience mine... for the first day or so.
  • Cella30
    Options
    Ok, Amazon and Aunt Flo syncd up and conveniently delivered at the same time. I'm wearing my Diva but I'm not feeling like Mariah...it's like, sticking out of me. The stem. I swear I cannot get it up any further. I can't feel much of anything but that d@mn stem is poking the hell out of me. Am I doing something wrong?
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Ok, Amazon and Aunt Flo syncd up and conveniently delivered at the same time. I'm wearing my Diva but I'm not feeling like Mariah...it's like, sticking out of me. The stem. I swear I cannot get it up any further. I can't feel much of anything but that d@mn stem is poking the hell out of me. Am I doing something wrong?

Do you have the right size? It could be you may need a smaller one. My friend tried the Diva cup first but it was too big so she switched to the Lady Cup (i think it was) which is slightly smaller/shorter and that one works perfectly for her.

OR is is literally just the stem? Or the bottom of the cup? Because if it's just the stem you can cut it shorter. A lot of people do that if the stem gives them problems. But if it's part of the cup that feels like it's sticking out then you may just need a smaller cup.
  • FelicityEliza36
    FelicityEliza36 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    OMG I thought I would throw up the first time I saw one in the store.

I don't get it, now Im gonna have to google it and check YOU TUBE lol
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options

Do you have the right size? It could be you may need a smaller one. My friend tried the Diva cup first but it was too big so she switched to the Lady Cup (i think it was) which is slightly smaller/shorter and that one works perfectly for her.

OR is is literally just the stem? Or the bottom of the cup? Because if it's just the stem you can cut it shorter. A lot of people do that if the stem gives them problems. But if it's part of the cup that feels like it's sticking out then you may just need a smaller cup.

I cut the stem off of mine.

I've been using the cup for years. Love it. Definitely something that you have to get used to though. A few months ago, I was out and about, aunt flow showed up and I grabbed some tampons....I was quickly reminded of why I like the cup. It's like set it and forget it for most of the day. I'm not always worrying if it's time for a new tampon or worried about leaking. Sometimes the first day is rough just because I'm super heavy, but still better than tampons.
  • FelicityEliza36
    FelicityEliza36 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Softcup.com has a video tutorial.

I dont understand how it holds all the blood though? It doesnt seem like the cup would fill up and expand if it was against your wall? Know what I mean. And then what happens when you pull it out, it spills every where and you reuse the cup??
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Softcup.com has a video tutorial.

I dont understand how it holds all the blood though? It doesnt seem like the cup would fill up and expand if it was against your wall? Know what I mean. And then what happens when you pull it out, it spills every where and you reuse the cup??

It's kinda one of those things that makes sense once you try it. The first time I used a tampon, I was freaking out...but then it's becomes second nature. Diva Cup/ Moon Cup...same thing. You just have to try it out.

I love it, but I understand, it's not for everyone.
  • Flugangst
    Flugangst Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've heard of them, but have never tried. My menstrual cycle is extremely light and lasts for maybe 3-4 days, so I normally just wear a pad. However, the more and more I read about this, I must say I just might have to buy myself one. :D
  • ShelfRelianceMom
    Options
    Funny, I just recommended this to a friend on here who ordered hers this week. I LOVE MINE!!! Never ever ever going back. I got one to have just in case but thought I'd try it so I wouldn't have to use it in an emergency for the first time. I was sold. I've been using mine for over a year, have several friends who've switched, and they have friends and they have friends who've switched. Worth every penny....DO IT!!!
  • ShelfRelianceMom
    Options
    ......and my period is a t least one day shorter. I would recommend it to anyone and when my daughers get to that age I will buy them one.

I was on the pill when I was using the cup so my period was very exact, but a lot of people say their period is a day or two SHORTER when they use a cup.

I third this motion. I was just telling my friend this the other day. I used to have 8 day....yes 8 DAY periods when I was younger. Now it is light the day it is coming on, heavy day 2, medium day 3, light day 4 and nearly non existent on day 5. I can't say it enough. I LOVE the diva cup. I too cut the stem after the first use.
  • ShelfRelianceMom
    Options
    It sounds interesting however I am an extremely heavy bleeder on day 2 & 3. so much so that i will go thru 5 or 6 or more overnight pads in a day & still manage to leak :(
    Any heavy bleeders out there use them?

I am a heavy bleeder and I used double protection (tampon and pad) just to get me through an hour before needing to change. The cup works better for me. It holds a lot more and I don't need to empty it until I get home from work. I do wear a slim pad just in case though.

I was too. I used to have to go through pads and tampons constantly. Not anymore. LOVE it
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I've heard of them, but have never tried. My menstrual cycle is extremely light and lasts for maybe 3-4 days, so I normally just wear a pad. However, the more and more I read about this, I must say I just might have to buy myself one. :D

If it's light then that means you'd only have to empty it twice a day (when you wake up and before you go to sleep) which is awesome! If you're a heavy bleeder, you would have to empty it more often (not a big deal because it's so easy to do it) but it's so lovely only doing it twice. When I was on the pill my period was pretty light and only 3 -4 days as well but I still used the cup. Pads still stink which make the cup way nicer. :P

I never mentioned before but another thing I like is that IF I find I'm leaking, it's because the cup didn't seal and all I have to do is do a 180-360 twist to seal it and it doesn't leak anymore. Much better than when a tampon starts leaking and I have to put a new one in and a new pantyliner.

I've actually NEVER leaked with the cup other than the cup not sealing and it wasn't massive leakage, just a tiny dot of red and a split second fix.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    This is kinda gross, but I pass tons of clots when I'm on my cycle. I fear if I tried this would that interfere, maybe fill the cup faster or something and I'd still end up a bloody mess. Anyone who has used it, can you give me any insight?
  • Cella30
    Options

I got the smallest size even though I'm ::gasp:: over thirty. :happy: It was definitely the stem. I tried trimming it and it still pinched, then I cut it completely off. Ahhhhh, so much better. And I'm getting better at putting it in! I can barely feel anything now, much more comfortable than a tampon.

The sucking noises when you insert/remove are a little uncomfortable. lol Since I'm still learning how to do this I have to take my pants completely off so I'm not sure I would do this in a public restroom just yet.
    This is kinda gross, but I pass tons of clots when I'm on my cycle. I fear if I tried this would that interfere, maybe fill the cup faster or something and I'd still end up a bloody mess. Anyone who has used it, can you give me any insight?

This is me too. The first two days of my period I spot, then the next two I am extremely heavy, lots of clotting and bad cramps. Since this is my first time trying the diva cup, I'll let you know how it works. I hate the feeling of those clots when you're wearing a pad...yuck.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    What on earth, I never heard of it LOL

me either!