Working crazy hours, and I don't know when and what to eat!

Options
I work from 4am until noon Mon-Fri....and somedays I come home and nap..... It's hard to eat a full breakfast that early in the morning, and I still like to have supper with my family at the end of the day at around 5:30. So I'm having a really hard time scheeduking my meals so that I'm not hungry all the time, or eat too much!

Any suggestions?

Replies

• martinh78
    Options
    I have an oat flour an milk shake which I drink at work through the morning. We are noty allowed to eat on the job but we are allowed bottles of water so I take a breakfast shake :o)

Aside from that I'd just eat lunch after work, a snack after your sleep, and dinner with the family.
  • skippykip
    skippykip Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could eat at work? I bring my lunch with me everyday. So, you could grab a piece of fruit before you leave and then bring like cherrios, yogurt, and/or whole wheat bagel with jelly with you? I'm sure its easier said than done, but that could be an option. best of luck!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I have never worked a shift like yours, but I have read that working odd shifts can often make people gain huge amounts of weight.
    However I have to watch my sodium levels much more than most, so I have a system that works for me and may for you as well.

I eat a small breakfast and a nearly identical lunch that are very low in sodium, then I can eat whatever the family is having for dinner and I am able to achieve my goals.

So you might try two, three, or even four small meals and then eating with your family.

My small meals consist of about 2 ounces of sweet cereals, sometimes with low sodium peanut butter on the side or drizzled over. Sometimes I literally just drizzle a small amount of milk over it.

You might try something similar.