GYN has told me to lose weight before IVF

Options
Hi Everyone,
So my partner and I are looking into starting a family and last week we had a scan and bloods taken to see if there are any issues prior to commencing IVF. My bloods came back good and indicated good ovarian reserves but my scan was a little more worrying, they found endometriosis and a few cysts and my left ovary was hiding. They want be back in a few weeks to do another scan to see if the cysts have gone and if they can spot the ovary.

The consultant also wants me to lose weight, my BMI is 38.5 and they want it to be at least 35 but would be better if it was 30. It would be about 20lbs to get to 35 and more like 50lbs to get to 30. My partner and I have decided to give it 6 months before doing the first round to give me time to lose some weight.

Has anyone else had this? Any tips or advise would be great.

Replies

• Opalescent_Topaz
    Opalescent_Topaz Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi there. This isn't exactly what you're looking for, but I wish you and your partner the best of luck in starting your family, and you good luck on your weight loss journey. L
  • Squatcleananddeadlift
    Options
    Hi there. This isn't exactly what you're looking for, but I wish you and your partner the best of luck in starting your family, and you good luck on your weight loss journey. L

Thank you 😊
  • Findingme724
    Findingme724 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi There!

I hope you’re still on here considering you posted a while ago.

I’m actually going on my second year of IVF right now. I just started Lupron yesterday, a more aggressive cycle. I am also trying to lose weight I gained in 2019 from my first miscarriage. I fell into depression and gain about 80lbs. I’m down about 30 and still have a lot to lose. Being on IVF meds makes weight loss more difficult but not impossible.

If you want to chat and are still here please reach out! I’m also looking for support and friends that are going through this. ❤️🥰