Non-traditional breakfasts

ReenieHJ
ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
ATM I'm eating salmon and green beans.

Just made me wonder what your non breakfasts breakfasts might be?

Replies

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    This is rare, but when I do it, my husband thinks I'm insane...cold leftover pizza.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    This time of year, I like something warm, and try as I might, I can't make oatmeal both enjoyable and fit my calories and macros.

Lately I've been having Potato Leek Soup with Ham. That is super filling to me!

This AM I will have African Peanut Sweet Potato Stew. I halved the recipe b/c I was not sure if anyone else would like it and added 6 oz ground turkey to boost the protein.

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/african-peanut-sweet-potato-stew/

I left out the cinnamon for my brother and he did like it. (I add cinnamon to mine after I serve myself.) Mom hasn't tried it yet, but I think she'll like it. My partner took one sniff yesterday and headed out for Wendy's for lunch, but I still love him ;)
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Leftovers from dinner are common for me, and for a while I was having salads.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,797 Member
    I will usually do leftovers, chicken tenders, or eggrolls
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Green chile stew is a fairly common one for me in the winter. We make if fairly often and it's a big batch. Also, leftover enchiladas with rice and beans...either when we make them at home or if we go out. When I'm camping I like to have trout if I happened to have an early catch before breakfast.
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    A big bag of broccoli slaw, softened by nuking in the microwave, then covered in vinegar and hot sauce....... And gum. Lol.
  • ciaoder
    ciaoder Posts: 119 Member
    edited February 2022
    Plain roast chicken breast with no added sugar BBQ sauce is fair game 24/7. Something so much more satisfying about using a fork and eating from a plate than if I have a bar or a shake.

@Idontcareyoupick I was unaware that there was such a thing as a "leftover eggroll". I'm sure there's never been one in my house. Probably part of why I'm here on MFP, right?
  • ciaoder
    ciaoder Posts: 119 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »

This AM I will have African Peanut Sweet Potato Stew. I halved the recipe b/c I was not sure if anyone else would like it and added 6 oz ground turkey to boost the protein.

mmmm...sweet potato stew. I'll have mine West Indian coconut curry style please.

• Bridgie3
    Bridgie3 Posts: 139 Member
    I am in theory not supposed to be on breakfasts as I'm supposed to be eating between about 2pm and 8 pm.. but life is for living, and it's just not meant to be that intense, so sometimes I'll have a couple of cheese wedges. I often turn to cheese in a crisis! Or I might have a tin of tuna or sardines. Or half a packet of salami. I don't have proper 'breakfasts', never actually have, rely on coffee mostly, but if I am peckish I reach for low carb at the moment, trying to get my sugars down (diabetic.)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    I like asian breakfast, which are typically noodle soups, congee or stir fried noodles.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,797 Member
    ciaoder wrote: »
    Plain roast chicken breast with no added sugar BBQ sauce is fair game 24/7. Something so much more satisfying about using a fork and eating from a plate than if I have a bar or a shake.

@Idontcareyoupick I was unaware that there was such a thing as a "leftover eggroll". I'm sure there's never been one in my house. Probably part of why I'm here on MFP, right?

I buy extra eggrolls so I can have them for breakfast because there aren't usually any extra. Probably part of why I'm on here too lol