Ultimate Accountability Challenge -- The Healthy Life!

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
edited February 2022 in Challenges
The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND life-changing healthy habits.

This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything' short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.

We enthusiastically welcome our returning veterans and newcomers too!
The accountability is a daily report of:
1) More than 20 minutes of your choice of daily exercise;
2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories
4) Daily or every third day posting of your fulfillment of the above.

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month.
Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification.

Those who continue to post throughout the month are honored as UAC Champions. Consistent thoughtful caloric intake; exercise; tracking and posting make Champions!!

We are motivated to share with others while we strive to be faithful to our own weight loss and/or maintenance goals.

Join us by clicking the link below and then click JOIN
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/142661-ultimate-accountability-challenge-march-2022

Replies

• jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    Such a great group of people — supportive, kind, encouraging, and non-judgemental. I’ve learned so much and was grateful to find this group in my first weeks on MFP. I need the accountability and support to continue the success I have had so far. I’m signed up for March, which will be my 8th month — join us? 🥰
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,160 Member
    Options
    If you don't realize yet that daily accountability will be critical to your success, I strongly suggest you pop in to join us.

The only major difference in my weight loss journey this time is that I'm super active with the community. I honestly attribute this to my success. I have lost over 100 pounds and staying accountable to a group helps me keep moving forward.

This group can be as much or as little as you need it to be. So many perspectives, everyone on their own journey. Come makes some friends! We can't wait to meet you.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    I've been in the UAC for about 16 months now.... and I've also learned so much from this terrific group of encouraging, supportive, non-judgmental folk! Over the years I've lost weight (many times), only to gain it all back when I stopped "dieting". This time around, I'm learning how to keep the weight off and live a healthier lifestyle -- and enjoy the process!! I hope that you'll join us for March and commit to the 3 simple (but not easy!) pillars of the UAC:

1. Exercise a minimum of 20 minutes/day.
    2. Stay under your own daily calorie goal.
    3. Track everything that you eat or drink!

• enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    I joined UAC in November, 2021 and am so happy I found this group! The focus on three simple habits have helped me on my goals for fitness and health and the wonderful support from the members has helped me gain insights when my journey zigs instead of zags. Come join us!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,223 Member
    Options
    I've been with UAC since 2017. This is such a great motivational space, where you get valuable support from the kind, caring members. It has helped me finally reach my UGW (just before Covid hit the world for six) and stay there for the duration. Posting everyday helps build solid habits which will help you on your quest for better Health and Fitness.
  • makattack220
    makattack220 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I joined the UAC at the tail-end of January and am about to complete my first full month with UAC in Feb. I searched for and tried out many other places for active accountability partners and have finally found a group of kind, like-minded people (both focusing on weight loss and maintenance alike) who not only help keep me on track with daily check-ins but also freely give encouragement and support to each other every single day. How refreshing! Engaging with this group has made a big difference in my daily accountability process and knowing I will be reporting at the end of each day helps me stay on track with my goals and with habits I'm working to develop. I hope you join us!
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    I joined UAC in September and have learned so much from the wisdom, kindness, and persistence of everyone in the group. It has really helped my commitment to this journey. It's a group that's very welcoming to new members. You should check it out!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,847 Member
    Options
    I thought I would leave a shout here for some folks who were members over the past year (Teresa may have a longer list - I was looking for April I think)

@ginadomaszewicz
    @Bovaryoo
    @_JeffreyD_
    @znaoiec
    @Dory_42
    @craigo3154
    @alligatorob
    @RangerRickL
    @abowersgirl
    @readyornot1234
    @MaltedTea
    @thabit11

March is the first real spring month and a great way to kick off the season with joining the UAC.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,781 Member
    Options
    Been part of this wonderful group since august 2021. So encouraging and with great advice!
  • jmu1965
    jmu1965 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I have been part of this group since November, 2021. I enjoy hanging out with people trying to reach their goals. I am always up for a challenge.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,415 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I rejoined this group (yet again) in Nov 2021 after not managing to maintain at maintenance over the summer (yet again!)

THIS time .... I've finally internalized the message that the accountability offered by this group supports maintaining just as much at this point as it did for the multi-year journey of regular UAC attendance that got me to what many mistakenly view as "the Ultimate Goal / End-Point" of my Target Weight .... twice already .... and now closing in on the third time (which I trust will be The Charm 🍀🍀🍀)

So I won't be leaving again any time soon. The transition to a Maintenance Lifestyle is gonna take time .... and help-and-advice from those who have already managed it here.

The Daily Topics are always very interesting to follow - many prompt some segment of the group to re-examine assumptions of "has to be" ... because more often than not some other segment is willing to expand-or-offer-counter-perspectives.

The K.e.y. to Unlocking Success (no matter what one is working to succeed at)?

🗝 Keep 🗝 Educating 🗝 Yourself 🗝
  • daciasil21
    daciasil21 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm new to mfp and I'm not sure where I should post or how to bookmark the page.
    My starting weight was 354 pounds and now I'm down to 242 pounds. Still a long journey ahead but I'm enjoying it. I eat a whole foods plant based diet and have only recently began exercising seriously. I hope to lose another 100 pounds. I find that I lost the first 100 pounds over the course of 3 years mostly through an attitude shift towards food. I suppose 3 years is a long time and it's been a gradual loss. Consistency, accountability, and patience are key.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    edited March 2022
    Options
    daciasil21 wrote: »
    I'm new to mfp and I'm not sure where I should post or how to bookmark the page.
    My starting weight was 354 pounds and now I'm down to 242 pounds. Still a long journey ahead but I'm enjoying it. I eat a whole foods plant based diet and have only recently began exercising seriously. I hope to lose another 100 pounds. I find that I lost the first 100 pounds over the course of 3 years mostly through an attitude shift towards food. I suppose 3 years is a long time and it's been a gradual loss. Consistency, accountability, and patience are key.

@daciasil21 click on the link below and it will take you to the March Group. You will have to click on the green button that says JOIN.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/142661-ultimate-accountability-challenge-march-2022

Once you've joined the group, you can find it easily under the GROUPS tab either on your phone, or on the laptop. (see the GROUPS tab highlighted in gray in the picture below?)

slu0t01ioiqy.png

When you click on GROUPS, it will take you to YOUR groups (any group that you have joined). You should see the name of the group there and can easily click on it and get into it. It's the same on your phone, but on my Android I think it's down the left side versus being on the top of the page like on the laptop. I hope this helps. I'll also send you a friend request to follow up with you and see if you've been able to find us. We'd love to have you in the group! I think you've done a great job thus far. :)

5sjpcawtw8ow.png
  • daciasil21
    daciasil21 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    thank you!
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    It's not too late to join the UAC - it's never too late to make a commitment to getting healthier and fitter!

This is not a “quick fix” challenge or a “lose 5kg in 8 weeks” challenge. In fact, it is not a weight loss challenge at all. It is all about your overall health and fitness. It promotes good habits, is encouraging and supportive.
    I joined my first UAC in January 2020 after losing 22kg and successfully maintaining for some months. But, as many of us know, losing weight is only the first step – it can be more difficult to keep it off once the motivation of seeing the scales move down is no longer there. So many of us lose weight only to see it creep back again. This is where continuing to log and watching your other nutritional and fitness goals can make a big difference.
    Join us wherever you are on your health and fitness journey and see for yourself!

Scroll back to the first post and click on the link and join our group.