Nurses on night shift

Options
I’m a nurse and work 4 12s a week. How do you track your days when you work? When you’re at work and it is midnight, do you start logging for the following day even if you haven’t eaten lunch yet? Looking for what works for everyone! I’m only a week into MFP

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,999 Member
    Options
    I do not think it matters how you do it - as long as your weekly calories are in deficit.

How you log won't matter.

so you can start/finish each day from midnight, even though it is in the middle of your shift sometimes - or you can do each day by your waking times - so each day starts at 7 am or 2 pm or whatever instead of midnight

which ever you find most user friendly.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Also useful to know: you can edit the names of your meals and the number of meals as well. So instead of calling them breakfast, lunch, dinner... you could just call them '2-8AM', '8AM-2PM... for example.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I always tracked it from the time I woke up to the time I went to sleep. I always tried to work my days in a row. So if I woke up at 7am and didnt go to bed until the next day at 9am I would track that all on one day.
  • brkoth
    brkoth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use midnight to midnight. Tried other ways but days off would always mess up my tracking. For me this keeps my numbers much more consistent.
  • kaydensmom2009
    kaydensmom2009 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I usually do from when I wake up until I go to sleep. But sometimes I do from midnight to midnight depending on my calorie consumption that day honestly, I just try to make the days balance out.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I personally count my day from awake to asleep. First meal would be breakfast, the last meal dinner, even if "dinner" was at 3-4 am. I logged it the same way. That's what worked for me personally, I tried the other way and kept confusing myself, or it made it difficult on days I was off!