Trying to lose weight after taking antipsychotics and benzodiazepines, and make friends, so heyy! :)

Options
Hello! I am new here and would love to have someone to talk to and encourage each other to do our best to reach our goals.

I am 19 years old. My psychosis, depression and ADHD contributed to me developing unhealthy eating habits and getting addicted to sugar. Thanks to that and medication which made me crave it more and messed up my metabolism and energy to be phusically active at all, I gained weight and I want to lose about 20 kg.

Replies

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,801 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP Community. :) Take it a step at a time and be kind to yourself. You don't need to lose all 20 kg at once.

This thread is a good place to start:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

In terms of physical activity, you don't need to hit the gym unless you want to. Just going for a walk every day is a good start.
  • positiveyou1
    positiveyou1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Advice - take it slow, it’s not a race, so small changes equal great results — The high sugar crave is common from medications such SSRIs - same as dopamine from social or some other activity — it’s a drug and as such need to be replaced slowly along with better habits which become routines which then stick - Good luck