CBD?

Options
2»

Replies

• Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Tongue, not tonge. I wish there was an edit feature.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Tongue, not tonge. I wish there was an edit feature.

@Pipsqueak1965

For one hour, there is a little edit mark to the right of the three dots in upper right corner of your post. 😀

I use gummies for sleep because they last longer in your system. I'm pretty small and 10 mg helps me.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I have a topical cream I use for sore muscles...I've never tried it for any kind of major pain or chronic pain, just sore muscles like I would Icy Hot and it seems to work.

I ingest oil about 30 minutes before bed and it has helped me immensely with sleeping issues. I take a lower dose in the morning and it has helped a lot with my generalized anxiety disorder and I haven't needed my tranquilizers in quite awhile.

I think some of the claims are pretty out there, but I think it definitely helps with sleep and anxiety and helps you just relax.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,172 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I have a topical cream I use for sore muscles...I've never tried it for any kind of major pain or chronic pain, just sore muscles like I would Icy Hot and it seems to work.

I ingest oil about 30 minutes before bed and it has helped me immensely with sleeping issues. I take a lower dose in the morning and it has helped a lot with my generalized anxiety disorder and I haven't needed my tranquilizers in quite awhile.

I think some of the claims are pretty out there, but I think it definitely helps with sleep and anxiety and helps you just relax.

I wish that outcome were universal. I'm not questioning that it works for you or others, and that's great.

But when I was taking oral CBD oil twice a day, supposedly validated brand, for a several months, there was no noticeable change in the sleep interruption insomnia I've had for nearly 20 years now.

I've tried every bleepin' thing I could think of (including sleep studies, prescription drugs, sleep hygiene changes, hypnotherapy, all the home remedies like hot milk or chamomile tea, meditation and I can't remember what-all else). Hypnosis and sleep apnea treatment (in that order) were the most helpful, but not even remotely a cure. I wish CBD were it. THC doesn't seem to be, either, FTR, though I haven't gone long-course daily with that because I don't like how it fuzzes up my brain.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I am sorry about your sleep problems Ann; have you tried Magnesium Glycinate too?

It is and OTC supplement that my neurologist recommended to help reduce my tension HAs and migraines. However, an additional blessing was a more restful night sleep, at least for me. I fall asleep faster and I even go back to it without a problem when I get up to use the bathroom.

I take a 200mg or 400mg tablet about an hr before going to bed and it does the trick. Something else to think about it and talk with your GP. Good luck.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

I wish I only had sore muscles. I have pain due to OA from my neck to lower back, and the only thing that helps me, specially at night, is heat before going to bed, and either a special Lidocaine patch (by prescription) or Voltaren gel, and sometimes Salon Pas. While the CBD cream is the best for the neck area.

I exercise daily and also take yoga classes three times a week, but I do need topical help. Glad that CBD oil helps you with your anxiety and sleep issues.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I tried vaping it because I'd heard (anecdotally) that it might help inflammation (I have ulcerative colitis) I did actually lose weight (which wasn't my goal) - it seemed to curb my appetite. I stopped using it because having no appetite is miserable, in my opinion. Could have been pure coincidence.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    whitpauly wrote: »
    I had very high hopes for CBD but seems like it's not much of a help for anything,well not as outstanding as the claims, would use the other active ingredient but I don't like how I feel😵

Sorry that it didn't work for you, but as I and @ookoolady reported above, we both had help and relief using topical CBD. All kind of meds, OTC and/or prescription meds, have different results (or none), or side effects, depending on the user.

Have you tried Diclofenac topical cream? It is a prescription med but not cheap, that is why my insurance only pays for the generic version (Voltaren). For me, the generic version is not as effective as the original one, although I still use it when I run out of CBD. So me relief is better than none ;)

I never said anything about using it for pain,I wanted it to work for my terrible insomnia and sometimes anxiety cuz I'd rather use it than any meds but like someone stated there's all kinds of different manufacturers and I'm sure I just haven't found the right one or heck maybe it just doesn't work for some people,I'm not sure it's snake oil but from my personal experience and from what Ive read and heard from others it's NOT the miracle cure it's all cracked up to be🤷

I found it did nothing for insomnia. And I've heard that with anxiety you should take only a small dose. It's trial and error, with different brands, different ingredients (some relax, some stimulate) and different doses
  • jaweaver52
    jaweaver52 Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I use 1/2 dropper of the 1500m under my tongue. It helps me sleep. Havn't tried it as a topical. One drop won't do anything.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I use CBD oil cream (just CBD oil and cocoa butter) on my fubared ankle and occasionally on my shoulder. For the ankle, it made my life a million times better - not because it made my ankle all better, but mostly because that constant, 24-7, no-matter-what, every minute, every day, ache actually went away. Don't get me wrong - it still will hurt, it still has bad days, but I can sit at my desk or sleep pain free unless it's being cranky for whatever reason.

For my shoulder, I just use it when I've been pushing it and it's feeling a little achy but not really "in pain." Seems to help keep it from getting any worse or having to skip workouts.

I use it topically only, 2x/day (most days). If I miss a few days, I can tell - that cranky ankle starts cranking again.

I've had a few other people report very similar findings to me.

I use the zatural brand and just get it off Amazon. I wasn't looking for a full-blown pain killer, but just a break from the constant low-level ache, and it did that amazingly well. I was very skeptical, but a number of people in my group for those with this kind of fracture (a pilon fracture) swore by it, so I gave it a try.
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I use it occaisionally for sleep. I find it works better than melatonin...but sometimes almost too much better!
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    There's not a lot of evidence. In the US where supplements are unregulated, there is unlikely to be any.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33585159/
    "Rigorous, controlled evidence for the therapeutic efficacy of CBD is lacking for many health conditions. Possible concerns with the use of CBD as a therapeutic include the potential for adverse effects (e.g., liver toxicity), drug-drug interactions, and lack of sufficient regulatory oversight of retail CBD products."

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/can-cbd-cure-what-ails-you/
    "The studies around pure CBD—that is, CBD without THC—are limited due to the fact that some are small and inconsistently designed. Jason White, who chairs the World Health Organization Expert Committee on Drug Dependence, told me in an interview that he believes the number of randomized control trials (RCTS) specific to pure CBD is small, likely fewer than 10. Outside of one prescription drug created to treat two rare pediatric seizure disorders, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not evaluated or approved pure CBD for any therapeutic use. This is a thicket of often conflicting claims."

But like others said, it's great if it works for you. Not contesting anybody's personal experience.