Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

iOS Widget

Options
Can there be a widget for iOS that shows an at-a-glance of journal/calories for the day so that it’s easier to see your goal and where you stand?
1 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Replies

• silviamansutti98
    silviamansutti98 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I wanted to suggest that too… many apps now have that feature to see your macros at a glance in your home screen. It would be a great idea to add that up
  • sacred_oleg
    sacred_oleg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    trc1bb9p3ual.jpeg

I’ve been using MFP for quite some time, but had to move to FoodNoms because of their widgets (in attachment).
    They have poor database of products, but having a glance on what are your cal/fat/prot/carbs just meanwhile doing something else on your phone is soo worthy!
    I realy want to get back to MFP, please make such widget for iOS!

It’s incapsulated feature, and should be around 10MD to implement (maximum).
  • danvanderboom
    danvanderboom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good idea. Would like to see calories and macros in a widget.
  • vgjs5824cm
    vgjs5824cm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also vote on this, would love to have widget for the dashboard
  • d5jprd4xwd
    d5jprd4xwd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Would love to have an iOS Widget
  • Hudson
    Hudson Posts: 74 MFP Staff
    Options
    I have good news! Our new Widgets are available to users who have updated to our latest app versions iOS 22.11.0 & Android 22.11.0

For iOS:
    To add a widget, you will need to go to the "Today View" by swiping right on your iOS Home Screen. On this page, scroll down and tap Edit.

To add a widget to the "Today View", start by swiping right on your iOS Home Screen. On this page, scroll down and tap Edit.

To add the widget to the home page, rest your finger on an empty space on your home page.

You should see the "+" icon appear at the top left of the screen. After tapping the "+" icon, scroll down the list until you come across MyFitnessPal.

You should see a few options to choose from such as Today's Calories or Today's Macros. Once a Widget has been chosen, tap Add Widget to add it your Home Screen.

For Android:
    On a Home screen, touch and hold an empty area. At the bottom of your screen, you should see a Widgets option appear. Tap Widgets. Scroll through the options until you see MyFitnessPal.

Once MyFitnessPal has been selected, our widget options should appear. You can select the widget to display Calories Consumed and/or Macros Consumed. Tap Add to to bring the widget to your Home Screen.

For further detail please visit our FAQ - https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/6886354417165-How-to-add-a-Widget
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    On my Android, the widgets are not working at all. One widget just gives me a gray transparent box, the other gives me nothing except the text 'no articles found'.
  • collinsdon
    collinsdon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Any plans to make the widget have the ability to show Sodium? In fact I'd like to also show sodium in the summary when I search for foods as opposed to calories which arent something I am watching at the moment. This would avoid having to open each item to check it's content and allow quick scan of say a restaurants lowest sodim offeriings.